Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been really looking at this 3 inch lift but I was told with the IFS the higher you go the less down travel you get ? as anybody done a side by side with long travel to just a lift ?

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
To clarify, the 2" LT refers to the width of the Arms/axles...everything is 2" wider than stock. The lift height is adjustable based on how you preload your coils (2.5"-3.5" taller).

Theorhetically you should get more travel with a 2" LT kit compared to the normal 3" lift. On the TC 2" travel kit wheel travel is advertised to be 11.5", but from the measurements we took it was actually a little over 10". The only thing that I think would be close is possibly the ICON extended travel coilovers for the stock suspension setup.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
To clarify, the 2" LT refers to the width of the Arms/axles...everything is 2" wider than stock. The lift height is adjustable based on how you preload your coils (2.5"-3.5" taller).

Theorhetically you should get more travel with a 2" LT kit compared to the normal 3" lift. On the TC 2" travel kit wheel travel is advertised to be 11.5", but from the measurements we took it was actually a little over 10". The only thing that I think would be close is possibly the ICON extended travel coilovers for the stock suspension setup.
Thanks Brian. Coming from the Rubicon, I was unclear on this myself. In that world you go to Long Arm set ups. I haven't put the Icons on yet btw.

Richard

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

thanks for the in put , this is so much better then just reading the ads for things like this , one more thing how much travel does a stock FJ have ,, and A FJ with a 3 inch lift ? thanks again :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts