Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... let the modding begin!!! I made my first (other then tint and DRL disc.) this weekend!!! Take a look and let me know what you think...

3" Tough Country lift/level
BFG 285/70/R17 All Terains
Black Raceline Renegades (w/black center caps)

:bigthumb:

:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
looks good ,dont normaly like the white out on the wheels ,but looks good with the white fj ..cant go wrong with bfgs ...they should last a long time ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Idaho - was lookin into some of the same mods.

Hows it handle now that your sittin a bit higher? corners more difficult?

I love how tight the suspension + ride is...i'd hate to lose it for a bit of a lift.

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!! I'm really happy with the way it turned out! And now onto the next mod(s).... :rocker:

Hey Idaho - was lookin into some of the same mods.

Hows it handle now that your sittin a bit higher? corners more difficult?

I love how tight the suspension + ride is...i'd hate to lose it for a bit of a lift.

thanks

I haven't noticed any difference in cornering. Seems handling is basically the same. The ride is a bit rougher, but you expect that with the level and even just the tires. I personally don't regret the decision AT ALL. Hope this helps! Enjoy!!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Premium
475 Posts
Looks Great.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its weird how 3 inches makes it way more fun. "thats what she said"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
166 Posts
Idaho, that looks awesome!

Hate to pile on the questions, but I've been looking for the same general thing (3" of lift, black wheels on a white FJ), so ....

Did the wheels require any spacer?

Are you getting any rubbing anywhere?

Did you do the body mount chop?

Does anyone know if the Tough Country lift will keep the front level with a Metal-tech bumper with the brush plate?

Thanks in advance, and again, sweet ride!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Looks great!.........:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Idaho, that looks awesome!

Hate to pile on the questions, but I've been looking for the same general thing (3" of lift, black wheels on a white FJ), so ....

Did the wheels require any spacer?

Are you getting any rubbing anywhere?

Did you do the body mount chop?

Does anyone know if the Tough Country lift will keep the front level with a Metal-tech bumper with the brush plate?

Thanks in advance, and again, sweet ride!

I am not running any kind of spacer and with the tires I chose (285/70/17) you would not need them. No rubbing, no spacers, no body mount chop.

With any kind of spacer "lift"/level you keep the same shocks and springs up front. Unless you choose to do otherwise... If you add much weight up front, i.e. a bumper and/or a winch, you may need to think about a stiffer spring. A standard single hoop bumper only weighs 65-75lbs over factory, so will perhaps sag you down a bit but not too much. The Metal-tech is a tube bumper, so I bet it weighs even less!! :bigthumb: All things you want to think about though... Don't be scared to try something out. As long as it doesn't break, you can always try something else.... :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have those same tires and Tough Country 3" lift on 17" wheels and I am getting rubbing, especially when turning in reverse. Any ideas as to why?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts