Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can anyone help me out with this. I put a skyjacker 3" lift on my FJ. I have a set of pro comp 17x9 wheels with 33x12.5x17 mickey thompson baja mtz's. When I'm almost in full turn the tires rub on the body mount(fender where the mud flap is). I live in Oregon and have no idea where to go to get a body mount chop. Will the All-Pro 1" leveling spacer correct this problem? Any help would be great... Thanks!!!
Th FJC was not set up for 33x12x5 it was set up for narrow tires. Try getting some wheels with a shallower offset or some spacers to offset the ones you have on. 4.25 to 4.75 might be about the correct offset.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put 33x12.5x17's on my rig, Dick Cepek Mud Country. 3" Lift as well. No Rubbing! yay...I stuck with my factory rims though...
Be careful with those 12 inch tires on the 7.5 inch factory wheels, that is not a prescribed formula. They narrow wheels will cause the carcass to bulge and they will wear very badly on the sidewall and the tread. They can also pop the bead easier.

Tires should be no more than 2-3 inches wider than the wheel they are on. 2 inches to be safe. a 12 inch tire should be on a 9-11 inch wheel. A 7.5 inch wheel needs an 11 inch tire max.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.