Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know everyone is going to have their preference, but what is a good, budget friendly 3" suspension lift kit? I will probably NEVER off road, I only like the look. I see that some of these lifts have "medium weight" springs, etc....Im never going to put some HUGE bumper or winch or anything on it....probably some kind of a brush guard only. Would the "light" kit suffice? Also, how about longevity? Will a 3" lift cause strain on any parts? And if so, is there something I should purchase to remedy that situation? I'm a complete FJ/Off-roading boob, so I'm looking for info from all you experienced folks....Thanks for your aniticipated help.

Murder11

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
if i were you, i would just grab a Daystar Kit. it's a 3" spacer in th front, and 1.5" cap for the back spring. it only runs about $200. that will do exactly what you are looking for. easy to install, and wont wear out. good luck.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I'm running the Rough Country lift, I plan on upgrading but it served its purpose for a year while I saved up for the new mods...Heres the link to the one I have. You can run 33's with no problem.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Suspension Lift

·
Registered
9 Posts
I split the difference and got toytec coil over kit (using existing shocks) I recall purchasing them for just over 300 or something...I'll have to check back to confirm price. You have to consider the cost to install them if your not mechanically inclined also. I went with toytec beause it gave me the ability to adjust the height as necessary and I like the red springs. hahahah

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
here a good FJ Cruiser lift writeup that may help you focus your search for which lift is best for you. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts