Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the board and have a question regarding the toytec 3" lift. I have a 2010 4x4 AT Fj w/offroad pkg and was curious how the toytect 3" lift would affect the drive and ride quality. Also, would I be diminishing any of the advantages of the offroad pkg. suspension? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hi,

I am new to the board and have a question regarding the toytec 3" lift. I have a 2010 4x4 AT Fj w/offroad pkg and was curious how the toytect 3" lift would affect the drive and ride quality. Also, would I be diminishing any of the advantages of the offroad pkg. suspension? Thanks in advance.
Welcome- Just so you dont get flamed or ignored, before asking a question like this its often been already answered by someone else. Try using the search engine and look up your questions by topic discussion and that should help you. You could also look through the past threads started by others by scrolling down through the list in this section. Its been gone over many times in the past:bigthumb:

But for a quick answer, ride will be stiffer but not too harsh. Your center of gravity is higher so expect some additional body lean in turns and wind buffering. The lift isnt needed unless your planning to put 285's on and need clearance when articulating the suspension off road.

For the record- a stock FJ went down all the same trails as I did (level 4) and only had to change his entering/ exit angles to clear a few items. Otherwise did great. Right out of the box- these things are the real deal!

Best of luck as you learn the FJ's not only great at what its made to do but also great at emptying your wallet...:lol:

:cheers:

·
Banned
5 Posts
The effect of your ride is totally dependent on the tires size you are using... if they are 33" then 3" lift is essential good.... but when you have a 35" then I think you should have gone with the 4" lift... I face many problems with 3" lift on 35" tires!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts