Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going with the 3" Revtek lift. My question is, the kit comes with longer rear shocks, however I'm not to impressed with the quality of them. I hear they are just as a stock shock in my car right now. My question, do I swap them out for 5100 rears and keep the front Bilstein's that I have or just keep the Revtek ones? Anyone one running this set-up currently with rear revtek shocks?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought a 2008 FJ that has the Revtek #431 kit on it. I do believe that it has the Revtek rear shocks on it. I am also thinking of putting some 5100's on, but maybe front and rear. This kit was installed back in 2008, it seems like the front is a little lower than the back, which is why I thought of adding the 5100's. But FYI, I love the ride as is.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have an '08 TT with the 3" Revtek kit. The front shocks are 5100 and the rear I believe are the kit shocks (white with black boots).

Very pleased with the ride so far, and my first one was 600 some odd miles.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
The front shocks are 5100
You have 5100's AND a Revtek kit? The Revtek kit is just a spacer lift isn't it? The 5100's are an adjustable lift. Not all Bilsteins are 5100's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts