Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

30 Plus M.P.G.

6K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  Athena 
#1 ·
Anyone evr installed a hydrogen generator on their fj or any other vehicle.They say mileage increases are dramatic,and since you generate it there is no tank for storing hygrogen,so ther is no risks of blowing up.

#6 ·
To the OP:

There are some really good LENGTHY threads covering this one here already. If I wasn't on my phone I would find them and provide a link. Hopefully someone will do that for you. If not, I will when I get to a PC. It will be a lot easier and faster reading what is already posted here than waiting for it to be rehashed. Some people who have commented already on a different thread may not want to do so again here because it takes a great deal of time to cover a topic like this one.

HTH

#8 ·
To the OP. Don't waste your money and time. These things don't work. So now you don't need to do a search. Believe me. I'm never wrong. :lol:

Hey. Are they looking for Frankenstein ?

#9 ·
You can do a search on that too

#10 ·
:lol::lol::lol: Ya got me. :rocker: But I'm too lazy.

#14 ·
The last time I got 30mpg was when I had a Corolla for a rental car...

#15 ·
Look for a link I posted in the recent $4+/gal thread. That is a water4gas link where a forum member actually tried it out and proved it was a hoax. The whole water4gas thing is bullshit and a huge waste of money. Get a scooter, that will get you better mpgs

I would post the link where, but I am to lazy to search through my own posts and find it right now :lol:

#43 ·
Actually guys that was me that tried it (Not on my FJ but a carbureted
'78 Suburban). Actually over tried it is probably the better term.

My last post on the thread - worth repeating;

I've done it, did it with cylinders totaling 8 times the volume in those kits have and it does not work like they advertise. It will generate hydrogen but not anywhere near sufficient quantity to realize any gas savings and it is not sustainable.

And even if you're trying to convince yourself anything is better then nothing those kits are 100% on all the time which will actually give you worse gas mileage if not toast your MAF and O2 sensors. There is no variability to match the computer and you're fuel to air mixture will be so far off because of the added o2 (provided you can get it working correctly) that the computer will just continue adding more fuel.

If there is a company installing these things you better get a really good warranty that covers damages to your engine because that is exactly what is going to happen.

As has been said a number of times in this very thread, there is just enough truth to the theory to make this a very convincing scam but in the end that is all it is - a scam.

Buyer beware.

#20 ·
I think the fact that he didn't buy it, install it, then come to the forum asking why it didn't works, makes it a reasonable question. I think ignorance is the best explanation here. I have been ignorant on many subject, that some may perceive to stupid questions. May be we should give the OP the benefit of doubt and just realize it is now gained knowledge.

#23 ·
Boys and girls, all questions are fair game as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the search function works ok most times but hey...if you have the knowledge then what's wrong with tooting your horn and sharing it...even if it's a repeat? You become the expert, you become the hero and walk away all puffed up and feeling good about yourself.

This hydrogen topic, though, is nothing but snake oil (or a witch/Fronkensteen hunt if you prefer). It would be like the 200 mpg carburetor of yor that was either a farse, or got swallowed up by the big oil companies.

Just my opinion, like A_ _ holes we all have one of those too! I'm still very new to this FJ forum, have learned boat-loads already, but have little I can contribute so far. I'm also a long standing member of other exotic car forums and am proud to be able to share what I've discovered with others. It's half the fun!

#38 ·
Boys and girls, all questions are fair game as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the search function works ok most times but hey...if you have the knowledge then what's wrong with tooting your horn and sharing it...even if it's a repeat? You become the expert, you become the hero and walk away all puffed up and feeling good about yourself.
The point is the more random threads that pop up, (with no content or content that has been massively covered) the more those pop up in searches. I.e. when I go to search for something now I'll have to go through threads such as this with no value at all. After it happens 10 -20 times the search function becomes pretty inefficient. Hence why everyone tells him to search in the first place....while his answer still pops up in his first search effort. The FJCF search is still pretty good.

Try going on pirate or any of the other forums and see how well their search functions work now that so much redundent and meangless threads have been posted. Its really hard to find valuable info on that forum even tho its the largest offraoding forum.

I'd now appreciate it if you'd thank everyone in this thread who told the OP to search, because they are actually saving this forum! :lol:

Imo people should post up in the second post "Search and then links to the threads they are referring to"...then have the mods merge it with one of those already existing threads or delete the thread and PM the OP the links.

You know, I was just gonna walk away on this one, but....

Out of three pages of responses, I think about three folk here posted a legitimate response, rather than simply helping out someone who had a simple question. Sure the answer was apparently already out there, but that's still a statistically significant amount of self-important ass-hattery. I'm kinda disappointed.

Isn't it a bit ironic that you are talking about how little value most of the posts added to this thread, and then posted a thread with no pertinent content to the conversation. :cheers:

Here for example is what I found on a quick google search.

Water4gas Scam Reviewed | Auto-Facts.org

OP if you look at the other threads posters linked you'll find that is a hoax and not worth the money.

#28 · (Edited)
You know, I was just gonna walk away on this one, but....

Out of three pages of responses, I think about three folk here posted a legitimate response, simply helping out someone who had a simple question. Sure the answer was apparently already out there, but that's still a statistically significant amount of self-important ass-hattery. I'm kinda disappointed.

#30 · (Edited)
Well here is something else i didnt know,didnt know criteria for being a forum member included being a smart ass.And evidently those that are took the time to post on this thread way. A lot of experts here.How many other repetitive ?'s are on here ,What do you think,Anyone done this ,How to change oil,Look at my roof top tent,Look its me in the snow,Are your fenders bulging,etc.

#32 ·
I think this thread needs a friendly reminder, of one of the rules.

1. Blatant trolling is not allowed. If you have nothing constructive to offer, your account will be banned. Spamming links to competing forums or other businesses is considered trolling. Additionally, there is no thread crapping. This goes hand in hand with having nothing constructive to offer. If you feel like flinging poo, do it in your own thread and not in your fellow man's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.