Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i put 305 65 20s terra grapplers on my 3 in lifted fj without any mods or problems? I currently have 285 55 20s but want to go with a taller profile on for more off road capability. The lift kit i have is from skyjacker with the front struts and springs and what not. Rims are halo maxx 6 20's

thanks guys:clap:

·
Registered
187 Posts
i am running 315/55/20 with a 3inch lift, tou must do a body mount chop to fit such a wide tire, search the forums ther are many threads on how to do this

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Sure. But the better question is why 20s?
Bling Bling:bigthumb:

Seriously though, as long as the vehicle doesn't do any hardcore wheeling...20's work fine and look cool too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure. But the better question is why 20s?
Jeremy I live in the city of chicago so I dont do that much off roading. It is definitely more aesthetics then anything. I do have an off road park I want visit in the near future and wanted to go higher profile for the cushion.

i am running 315/55/20 with a 3inch lift, tou must do a body mount chop to fit such a wide tire, search the forums ther are many threads on how to do this
will look into it

Bling Bling:bigthumb:

Seriously though, as long as the vehicle doesn't do any hardcore wheeling...20's work fine and look cool too!
exactly black out!!!

So guys i definitely need a body mount chop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since we are talking tire sizes I live in New York I was thinking about 33x12.50x20 tires with a 3 inch lift. Ddo I need a body chop as well ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
33x12.5 20 will need a body mount chop,if you are in new york you should check out fjnortheasters.com the are many places locally that can do it for you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since we are talking tire sizes I live in New York I was thinking about 33x12.50x20 tires with a 3 inch lift. Ddo I need a body chop as well ?
Do you live anywhere near Middletown,ny.i bought mine with 33x12.50x20 tires and have no rubbing issues without a body mount chop

·
Registered
187 Posts
middletown is about 45 mins from me, are you sure you dont have a chop? most chops are done so well you really wouldnt be able to tell , i know mine is

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just had a very clean body mount chop done, 3'' lift, and had 295 70 17s terra grapplers mounted. If I accelerate with my wheels hard over, like out of a stopped turn onto a road in fast traffic, I still get a bad rubbing sound...not sure what it is:indifferent:

·
Registered
330 Posts

33x12.50x20. You definitely need a body mount chop. Its a lot simpler than you may think. Lots of fab shops will do it for a little over $100.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
I paid $60 for my chop at my local welding shop. Join your local FJ club and I'm sure you can find someone to do for free or a case of beer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts