Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking all over and cant find anyone running these shoes on their FJ. I have a 2.5" OME Medium lift and I am wondering if these will rub? Does anyone know? They dont come in the 285/70/17 so I am considering this size.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You might need to do a body mount chop if you want to run a tire wider than the 285s, but not sure if this is so for the 305/65r17s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's the size they run on the FJ Crawler packages from DSI, but they use the heavy springs due to the ARB bumper and winch. I haven't looked, but I somehow doubt they are doing bodymount chops on all those FJs when they are supposed to be dealer packages.

For added piece of mind, you might want to go ahead and just do the chop. Might cost you $100 +/-, depending on where you go. I have 295s with the medium setup, and I have minimal rubbing. I plan on doing the chop though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My concern with the chop is finding someone who can do it. I have never done something like that or seen it done. I dont imagine the majority of shops here in Indy Indiana will do something like that, so Im trying to avoid having to do it. I know most on this forum have these mad skills to be able to do a body mount chop like their slicing an apple but I have no experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts