Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been gettin request to see pics with the new tires. went with 315/70/17's on the stock alloy wheels. body mount chop and spidertraxx up front to keep the tire away from the uca's.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Those look big and schweet. Very nice.

May need to think about changing out those bump stops so you don't rub the inner fenders in the front.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those look big and schweet. Very nice.

May need to think about changing out those bump stops so you don't rub the inner fenders in the front.

yeah..i saw the link that jason from demello offroad put up. i gotta get the part number. >>>just the front??right?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
yeah..i saw the link that jason from demello offroad put up. i gotta get the part number. >>>just the front??right?
Maybe. I know the rear has more room than the front does. About the only way i could think to test it would be an RTI ramp, fork lift, some random sloped piece of concrete. And then check to see how much you need to add. May be able to add just a spacer to the rear one to extend it, i am not sure. I think Uphill runs 315 nitto;s. PM him or check his build up thread and see if he runs extended bump stops.

p.s. i saw you had the pics linked up to photobucket earlier and switched them.
If you click on the "img code" line under the picture in photobucket and then just paste into a post it will place a direct picture of what you want. That way the pics are big and don't require a click. If you were trying to do that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe. I know the rear has more room than the front does. About the only way i could think to test it would be an RTI ramp, fork lift, some random sloped piece of concrete. And then check to see how much you need to add. May be able to add just a spacer to the rear one to extend it, i am not sure. I think Uphill runs 315 nitto;s. PM him or check his build up thread and see if he runs extended bump stops.

p.s. i saw you had the pics linked up to photobucket earlier and switched them.
If you click on the "img code" line under the picture in photobucket and then just paste into a post it will place a direct picture of what you want. That way the pics are big and don't require a click. If you were trying to do that.
u said it..thats what i was tryin to do. thx for the tip.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah.. wow... LOVE the 315's!! looks great!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those look BEEFY!!!!:rocker: They look great on the FJ!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Looks great. Adds a bunch of ground clearance. The alloys look good with them. I am wondering what the height is to the bottom of the rocker panel.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Lookin' Tough!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just a little curious....about how much was just the rubber....not including mounting and balancing.....just the meat....I can only imagine......oh yeah....it looks sweet too!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Those tires look sweet!
Looks like you are ready to go out and abuse those new meats on some rocks.:ninja:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I picked up my tires at the same time as Projekt4: Same one's. Might as well throw my pictures in too!

Tires look sweet Matt!!!How does the FJC drive with the 315's?Do you think you have to re-gear right away or you can wheel in them with no problems.Are you gettign rub on the UCA's?:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tires look sweet Matt!!!How does the FJC drive with the 315's?Do you think you have to re-gear right away or you can wheel in them with no problems.Are you gettign rub on the UCA's?:bigthumb:
It drives great! I don't feel much, if any power loss yet. I do plan on re-gearing eventually, but have some other higher priority mods, first.

I'm running 1.5" spacers up front and I'm not anywhere NEAR rubbing the UCA's.

The only time I rub is when I turn hard left in reverse. I think Kris (projekt4) has the same issue.

I will be putting in extended bumpstops next week, as well as cranking up the front shocks.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just a little curious....about how much was just the rubber....not including mounting and balancing.....just the meat....I can only imagine......oh yeah....it looks sweet too!!
Projekt4 and I both jumped on a GREAT deal we found on CraigsList.

They were take-off's from brand new Hummers. The tires all still had the little nubs on them, basically BRAND NEW.

We got them for $150/each. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It drives great! I don't feel much, if any power loss yet. I do plan on re-gearing eventually, but have some other higher priority mods, first.

I'm running 1.5" spacers up front and I'm not anywhere NEAR rubbing the UCA's.

The only time I rub is when I turn hard left in reverse. I think Kris (projekt4) has the same issue.

I will be putting in extended bumpstops next week, as well as cranking up the front shocks.
Very Nice Thanks for the info.Cant wait to see them in person.Get some wheelin pics soon so we can see those puppy's in action!!!:rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Sweet. Great find on the deal fellas.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Is that a Volcom sticker on there i see???

I have a big Volcom stone on the back window. It was the first mod i ever did. Very sweet company.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts