Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

OK I am working on some new treads with the new purchase I made today....Any recommendations for a 75 percent on road to 25 off roading tire? Dont want to get killed on the prices but would love some suggestions. much appreciated!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got the wildpeaks because I wanted to still be able to play in the snow while not sucking in the mud. Tread is a little tight making it better in snow. They can get a little clogged in the mud, but still do great. Mine are in the pizza cutter size aka the best size imo for stock 255/80/17.
20200419_185355.jpg

Ignore the minivan

Only got partially stuck once on a steep hill after it rained and it was clay. Never had any issues in the snow. Warmer winters in PA means we get less of it, but one day we had a bad snow squall and everyone was freaking out. They paid for themselves that day.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
I’m on my second set of Cooper STT PROs (315/75/16) and love them! Surprisingly good in VT winters, and keep me happy on the interstate every year on my 6k mi round trip adventure to Moab for extreme wheeling ?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Im on my second set of Falken Wildpeaks AT3. Love them. Quiet on the road and grip great offroading and in the snow. I`ll be getting my third set this fall. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help on the Falken Wildpeaks.....AT3 315/75/16R ATS....I understand these are good on noise levels too. That will move my choice. Pickiing up my vehicle today and will get the tires done asap. Getting a quote of about $280 a tire installed balanced. Alignment at $80 bucks. Decent price? I saw one website that came in at around $150 a tire which seemed like the site was down....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be shared with another vehicle as my daily. 25% offroading but the number can rise:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts