Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy

Anybody out there running the 33" x 12.5 Interco TrXus STS? Done the search thing and going thru the posts, but cant seem to find anything.

They may be an option for me, just want to get any opinions on them. I'll be looking at road and sand use only, no mud/snow here! Any rubs? Body mount chop needed? Opinions anybody.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I run the TrXus MT's in 255/85/16's so I can't give a direct comparison. But, in my research, I was advised against them if running in anything BUT sand. So, if that is the case, you would be alright.

I would also "guess" that you will need to to a body mount chop due to the width of the tires. Mine clear fine w/o the chop but with the extra couple inches in width, you may run into rubbing issues at full lock and during extreme articulations...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those tires aren't really designed to run anything but sand, so you should be fine. Might have to a body chop b/c of the extra width.

Not sure how well they'll look on the FJ, but interested in seeing them mounted up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

there good in sand but look really stupid when skinnier that 14.50 they just dont look right in person
maybe its due to the tread pattern? It is a little unusual I guess. But 14.5 seems a helluva wide

Not sure how well they'll look on the FJ, but interested in seeing them mounted up
yeah was kinda hoping somebody would post a pick of somebody running some. I looked and couldn't find anything. Maybe that says it all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ran them on my Tacoma 4x4 crew cab. 33x12.5x16 hard to balance, impossible to keep balanced, wore uneven, hydroplaned, and hum like you wouldn't believe. Much better tires out there for the money. I also ran the TRXUS MT for a VERY short time on my FJ. Interco actually bought them back from me since I couldn't get them balanced without running Dynabeads. Now have Hankooks and love them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I run the TrXus MT's in 255/85/16's so I can't give a direct comparison. But, in my research, I was advised against them if running in anything BUT sand. So, if that is the case, you would be alright.

I would also "guess" that you will need to to a body mount chop due to the width of the tires. Mine clear fine w/o the chop but with the extra couple inches in width, you may run into rubbing issues at full lock and during extreme articulations...

just google the name........you'll get a lot of information

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, gone round and round :boohoo:but finally decided to run with Dick Cepek FC II's. Got the heads up from a guy running the trxus that they are really noisy on road.

Thanks for all your help guys :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts