Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UCA are rubbing will the spydertrax give enough clearance or will I need more of a spacer? Body mount will be cut also so that is not a issue. I got them on and they are mean lookin and I don't want to compromise, any help will be much appreicated?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
UCA are rubbing will the spydertrax give enough clearance or will I need more of a spacer? Body mount will be cut also so that is not a issue. I got them on and they are mean lookin and I don't want to compromise, any help will be much appreicated?
CHOPS & 1.25 SPACERS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM.I HAD THE SAME ISSUE.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
body chop wont affect UCA rubbing.....your options are new UCA from Total Chaos, Cambridge, All Pro, etc.......or Spidertrax wheel spacers to solve the UCA rubbing issue.

quite a few use the spidertrax wheel spacers on here with no problems...and they are quite a bit cheaper than a new set of UCAs. Just dont go to far out as it changes geometry.....I am not sure what people are doing with stock wheels but guessing 1/4 inch would be sufficient if they are rubbing as lightly as mine are.

the body chop only applies if your tire is rubbing the frame mount as well during articulation of the front suspension.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I'd look at the Light Racing UCA too. I'm pretty sure it offers the most adjustability of any, and it is as quiet as stock. I just got mine on and they make a huge difference. Just a massive improvement. They will also give you considerably better clearance than the stock UCA.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Also, I don't know if this matters to you or not, but if you use the adapters or spacers, you may void your wheel warranty. I don't know if this will apply to the stock rims, but I know it will void KMC warranty and PSC beadlocks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't really afford a new set of UCA and no spidertrax spacers are available as of now. I swore all-pro had some but I cant find them on there site or maybe it was all-phase but I still cant find any in stock. Thing are looking dim. Back up plan might be in the works, but I'm not giving up yet!

·
Registered
178 Posts
12.5 in wide tire on a 7.5 in rim might not be something you want to run long term. Could cause uneven and premature tread wear especially if they aren't kept properly inflated. Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great somthing else to add to my list of problems! na just playin....im off road more than not and also obssesed with tire pressure. Belive me your advise is well heard and when I seen them on the truck I wondered if the tire width would have some kind of reaction....

But the million dollar question is who got my spacers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts