Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to do a write up on my experience with 34x10.5 BFG A/T with Method MR309 17x8.5 on Bilstein 5100 front struts set to the second highest setting (1.75"), and the 5100 rear shocks. There weren't a lot of posts with these particular tires so figured this may be helpful.

My rig: 2007 4x4 NSSE
I absolutely love the look and feel of this combo. The one noticeable thing is that you can tell you're carrying around a little extra weight when you're braking. Acceleration wasn't affected much at all.
They even clear the bumper and rear window glass.
I got away without doing a BMC - for now. I am ever so slightly rubbing at full lock in reverse, but not under normal driving conditions. I may do a mini-BMC if necessary.

Before and after pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I run a 34" x 11.5 Nitto. The outside diameter of the spare rubs the rear bumper when opening and closing the rear door. I wonder what the true diameter of the BFG is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a 34" x 11.5 Nitto. The outside diameter of the spare rubs the rear bumper when opening and closing the rear door. I wonder what the true diameter of the BFG is.
I believe I read somewhere that it's 33.5" after mounted. I'll go out and measure later today. The fact that BFG calls them a 34 scares people but I was still skeptical whether they would fit the spare.

What model Nitto and lift do you run?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow - the new combo looks fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to share this.

You mentioned you have some minor rubbing. Is the tire making contact with the body mount?
Thank you!
Glad to share.
& Yes it's the body mount. I'm wondering if I heated it up if I could just bang it in 1/4" to 1/2." Might not look the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts