Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for some help. I have a set of 20" rim that I am going to be using for this summer, I would like to put a set of 35"s on them. My question is WILL I RUB?? I have a rev tech 3"lift, a set of all pro upper A arms and 1.5" spacers already on. Should I be looking at 33"s ? or will I be ok putting 35"s on?

Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Depending on the backspacing of your wheel, you're looking at potentially rubbing all over the place with 35's. The body mounts, the sway bar, etc etc etc. You have to do major mods for 35's to work offroad. If you're going for looks, sure it will probably work, but you're gonna pay for it at the pump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really concerned with paying at the pump.. I don't pay for gas. So your saying just go 33"s then??

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
With 35s on a 3" lift you are gonna rub somewhere. There are some tricks to fitting them. Getting the right size rim with right amount pf backspaconh to start with is most important. Then probably body mount chop, and possibly new UCA that don't stick out so far.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
I wasn't trying to discourage you, just wanted you to have realistic expectations of what you might have to do to get 35's to fit. You're also looking at a major loss of power going to 35's, the cruise control also won't work properly. If I ever go to 35's, I'll likely regear. It's your vehicle, do what you like :cheers:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Body mount chop is a must for 35" tires.. if you have a bling plate you also have to trim that :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't trying to discourage you, just wanted you to have realistic expectations of what you might have to do to get 35's to fit. You're also looking at a major loss of power going to 35's, the cruise control also won't work properly. If I ever go to 35's, I'll likely regear. It's your vehicle, do what you like :cheers:
You didn't discourage me at all, I was looking for a non BS honest answer and thats what you gave me! So thanks, and thanks to eveyone else as well!!

So I will just stick to 33's then to be safe as I really don't want to chop, cut and rebuild here.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Can't help you with the rubbing issues with a 3" lift as I have a 6" lift, but as far as power loss with 35's my FJ does great especially with still running the stock gears. My cruise control works great with minimal downshifting and the gas mileage ins't the best but it can't be much worse then 33's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts