Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys do not favor dunlop tires----but just to let you know their 35" is really 34 x 11.50! SEEMS TO BE THE PERFECT TIRE FOR THE FJ. NO LIFT-YET! STOCK 17" RIMS AND BODY CHOP,CHECK IT OUT!:rocker:

·
Registered
83 Posts
How does it ride? Does it rub alot? And how much did the tires run you?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Have you tried to turn the wheel yet?

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
On a side note....I kinda like the black center caps. But yeah I was wondering how you would get around corners...lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the tires for an unreal deal from craigs list sooo had to put them on ! YES! some rub while hard turn in reverse.BUT...this IS before lift! I think toyota must not have all mounts placed the same as some people seem to have MORE rubbing issues.I did chop them good or these would not turn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and they are really 34" where as Toyos are much taller.As for tires and ===) every inch counts and even a little more changes everything!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's magic. Everyone else with 35's, body mount and suspension upgrade can still get a rub here and there. But this rig and tire combo is magically different...
Glad to see there are SPECIAL people whom still believe in magic! lol:clap:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Since youre experiencing rub already why woudnt you lift? you could wait for another deal on Craigslist for the lift? (if budget is an issue but use the original size tire first).

your Craigslist savings might cost you more in the long run.....

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Glad to see there are SPECIAL people whom still believe in magic! lol:clap:
I'm not the one who is driving around with 34's, no lift, no chop and "believe" it will work. You are the on who believes in your special kind of magic...

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
interesting. must be toyota's lack of quality control on the location body mounts....

i run a 32.7"x11.5" tire with my front end up 2.5" above stock, and i still get a slight rub here and there, when backing up usually.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
There's also the issue of "full compression" when going over an obstacle and experiencing articulation of those rear tires. When you've taken that rig out in the country and put it through its paces, let us know what you found.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
interesting. must be toyota's lack of quality control on the location body mounts....

i run a 32.7"x11.5" tire with my front end up 2.5" above stock, and i still get a slight rub here and there, when backing up usually.
The stock tires are ~31.7" in diameter.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

The stock tires are ~31.7" in diameter.

DEWFPO
i don't think briman was saying that he runs the stock tires dewfpo.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts