Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your setup? Please describe what your use is (daily/trail/fire road/desert/crAwler/etc). Wheel size/offset/gearing? Also, I'd like to see the number of people running IFS/OE rear axle or if everyone's on aftermarket axles. Pictures welcome.

This isn't a thread about how to fit them. There's a few fitment threads already.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's one from M. Cottrell who was nice enough to share from Bookface. 37s total chaos 3.5in longtravel 4:88 gears

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**This is just to share that it's doable and not just a "thing" like past naysayers about 35" tires. Of course there's always a risk but there's also the risk of a bad driver on stock tires that makes me cringe too.

I was hoping more would come out of the woodwork and reply. Here's another. J. Williams rig on 37s 5:38 gears Rock Jock 60 axles front and rear (sas) dual transfer cases. Rock crawler.

Bushwackers have a tendency to swallow up 35's so notice these look about proportional with the extra inches.

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,191 Posts
Remember SAS isn't the only way to get big tires on there. Portals are an option and by my calculation roughly equivalent to an SAS and better real clearance.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember SAS isn't the only way to get big tires on there. Portals are an option
That clearance is tops. Looks like a spaceship. I've read about it and it's one more thing I couldn't afford :mecry: but if you can fabricate that extensively, have your pick!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,966 Posts
Umm....Bridgestone KO2?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,966 Posts
Damn that portal setup has some clearance.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have been running 37s for about 35000kms now. My setup is a procomp 3" and a 1" body lift with the body mounts chopped as far as possible. 1.25" spidertrax. Also hammered in the wheelwells as far as possible.
Only rubs in the back of the wheelwells when offloading. Fine on the road.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, now what about the rear? :rofl:

JK...... I still don't know how RST does it all in his own garage, that's amazing to me.
Fabricators are a special breed. Their minds are more creative IMO. (I know many engineers that don't give fabricators the same respect, because they don't see outside of their box.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts