Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FJCForums Folks!

I'm considering a 2008 FJ and one of my biggest concerns is the lack of visibility out of the back/sides. I've done a ton of searching, both on these forums and elsewhere, but I just can't seem to find much info about this.

Has anyone installed Rydeen RDV360 Surround View camera(s) (RDV360 Surround View 4-ch DVR System | Rydeen Mobile Electronics) or any other 360 camera system on an FJ? With all the complaints about visibility, it seems like something like this would be a huge hit with this crowd.

I've found an install in a 4runner (Jangoforhire's Build and Pictures - Page 25 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum), but the mirrors are such different shapes/sizes, It's hard to be sure if the cameras will fit in the FJ side-mirrors.

An unboxing video showing the size of the cameras to be mounted on the side mirrors:

They seem pretty small, but without having a truck to compare them against, some guidance from anyone who's already tried this would be super helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I have this installed. Side cams are on the roof rack. Front and rear on the bumper and rear door handle.
I have it just so I don't miss anything going on around me during adventures. It has DVR as well. It is not necessarily a visibility enhancer but comes in handy on extreme angles.
http://www.redpeakoffroad.com/category_s/1862.htm

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Hi, could you tell us how was the result? Is this working ok?
It worked great. I had to be creative with the mount but I used a small TV swingout bracket.
I have since removed it in favor of a large screen Android head unit that accesses front and rear cams. No side cams anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It worked great. I had to be creative with the mount but I used a small TV swingout bracket.
I have since removed it in favor of a large screen Android head unit that accesses front and rear cams. No side cams anymore.
Why are you not using the side cams? That is my main objective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts