Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
what wheels? :confused:

Stock steel wheels are between 30 and 32 lbs.. sometimes you'll also see 34lbs.
Wow! the stock wheels are 30lbs? I am ordering new steel wheels and they said weigh 37lbs each. If the stock are 30 lbs each then these aren't as bas as I thought. Thanks Dom.

This is the wheel

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have those they are sooo stout:cheers: get em they are cheap too..heavy as hell for a reason:D TOUGH!

wheelers offroad right?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Those look like the Procomp 87 series since the holes are not punched but look laser cut (the difference between the 87 and 97 series, the 87 is also the wheeler's offroad steel wheel).

My 285 BFG at/s and stock aluminum wheels weigh 81 lbs each
My 16x8 87 series with 34x10.50 LTB's weigh 90lbs each.
For reference.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look like the Procomp 87 series since the holes are not punched but look laser cut (the difference between the 87 and 97 series, the 87 is also the wheeler's offroad steel wheel).

My 285 BFG at/s and stock aluminum wheels weigh 81 lbs each
My 16x8 87 series with 34x10.50 LTB's weigh 90lbs each.
For reference.
How so much do you think the BFG weigh Layonn?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Nice choice my man:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I have the 87s as well. Love em, but they do weigh a ton compared to the stock alloys. You mileage will suffer greatly, ESPECIALLY on the highway.

As far as stock wheel weight goes, I dunno about the oem steelies, but I'll be dipped in sh!t of the stock alloys weigh 30lbs.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Aw heck, DominicG! I JUST noticed that you said "stock steelies" in your post. My bad, my brother.:wave:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the 87s as well. Love em, but they do weigh a ton compared to the stock alloys. You mileage will suffer greatly, ESPECIALLY on the highway.

As far as stock wheel weight goes, I dunno about the oem steelies, but I'll be dipped in sh!t of the stock alloys weigh 30lbs.:lol:
I'm sorry for being a noob but can you tell me what 87s is? :)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I'm sorry for being a noob but can you tell me what 87s is? :)
The wheels you have pictured are the ProComp Rock Crawler Series 87 wheels that are currently being sold through Custom Toyota Wheels from Wheeler's Off-Road

They come in two different backspacing measurements. You can get either 4.5" backspacing (close to stock) or 4" backspacing which will move the wheel an additional .5" AWAY from the UCA (upper control arm).

These are decent wheels because they clear the front brake calipers AND are tougher than nails.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wheels you have pictured are the ProComp Rock Crawler Series 87 wheels that are currently being sold through Custom Toyota Wheels from Wheeler's Off-Road

They come in two different backspacing measurements. You can get either 4.5" backspacing (close to stock) or 4" backspacing which will move the wheel an additional .5" AWAY from the UCA (upper control arm).

These are decent wheels because they clear the front brake calipers AND are tougher than nails.
Haha I bought it and I don't know what it is. So you're telling me I will kill my gas milleage with these? :mecry:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
You'll be fine learn how to hypermile:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a set of brand spankin' new FJC steelies in the garage, so I decided to weigh one of 'em. I got 30 lbs. Now, this is just with a run of the mill bathroom scale, but I did try some plates from my weight set and it was bang on with those.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a set of brand spankin' new FJC steelies in the garage, so I decided to weigh one of 'em. I got 30 lbs. Now, this is just with a run of the mill bathroom scale, but I did try some plates from my weight set and it was bang on with those.
Oh damn, these weigh more than the steelies?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Tai they are heavy as hell I never weighed them.

I never could figure out what series I got from them I spoke to them before they even had fj info on their page and figured out what would clear the caliper. But I'm pretty sure I have the further back spacing because my tires stick out a bit from the fender and I never needed spacers or anything on the rig...no issues to speak of BTW.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Haha I bought it and I don't know what it is. So you're telling me I will kill my gas milleage with these? :mecry:
On average over the last five months, the 87s drop my mileage from 17.6 mpg to 13.3 mpg (hwy). That's a 25% drop!

Around town has not been so bad. The change was from 17.0 mpg to 15.9 mpg. Just a 6% loss.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I'm at 12 mpg in town:( but I have soo much crap on my rig:rofl: I carry all of my recovery tools all the time too...I need to get out of that habit!

Well actually I installed those rims and got the same results being only stock with 285 tires and steelies..I just remembered that:rofl:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts