Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking for a solution to mount a 37" BF Goodrich Tire onto my FJ Cruiser (likely need a creative/custom option).

Criteria
Safety/weight on back door is priority
Seen hitch racks from Rigd Supply but it blocks backup sensor and extends too far out.
Ideally like to keep backup sensor (and not camera sensor)
Do not have budget for steel bumper

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, would love to hear it. If you have successfully mounted these regardless of method, please let me know your feedback and pictures would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
You can copy my idea. Though if you don't have the tools, may cost you more in the end. BFH, angle grinder, dremel, spacer and hardware. I used a 1.25" spacer but you could fit a 1" depending on your wheel width and offset.

The other option is the least expensive and the Warrior Products mount only uses three bolts to hold on and would shake the spare every time I close the rear trunk

Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can copy my idea. Though if you don't have the tools, may cost you more in the end. BFH, angle grinder, dremel, spacer and hardware. I used a 1.25" spacer but you could fit a 1" depending on your wheel width and offset.
View attachment 1128464
View attachment 1128465
The other option is the least expensive and the Warrior Products mount only uses three bolts to hold on and would shake the spare every time I close the rear trunk
View attachment 1128466

Good luck
Thanks!
Appreciate the response but doesnt this method still put stress on the rear door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts