Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love it if someone designed a blank center console switch that was flat on the back to make it easier to mount things like subwoofer knobs in one of the unused spaces.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Center spinner caps....still a No :)

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would love it if someone designed a blank center console switch that was flat on the back to make it easier to mount things like subwoofer knobs in one of the unused spaces.
Do you mean one of these, but flat and as little as possible on the back to hold it in place?

·
Registered
2013 Iceberg (stock)/AT/loaded
28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Whoah, I love your seats. Leather? Where'd you find them? thanks
They are Clazzio seat covers. The inner section is leather, and the outer section is synthetic, but they have all different choices including full leather (my research said the synthetic outer section made them fit more snug). You can buy all black and have them pretty quick but you can also customize the colors with a longer wait. Mine came in about 8 weeks, but they estimate 10-12 if I remember right. Probably my favorite mod to date despite the simplicity

·
Registered
2013 Iceberg (stock)/AT/loaded
28 Posts
They are Clazzio seat covers. The inner section is leather, and the outer section is synthetic, but they have all different choices including full leather (my research said the synthetic outer section made them fit more snug). You can buy all black and have them pretty quick but you can also customize the colors with a longer wait. Mine came in about 8 weeks, but they estimate 10-12 if I remember right. Probably my favorite mod to date despite the simplicity
Thanks so much. I will check them out!

Reactions: kburns7719

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been looking on Thingiverse for anything Toyota or FJ, have you any plans to share your .stl files?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've been looking on Thingiverse for anything Toyota or FJ, have you any plans to share your .stl files?
I'm planning to. I created an account last week but haven't loaded anything on it yet. I'll try to get around to it in the next week.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
@CRayFJ I did see on thingiverse someone uploaded a cover for the open storage area in the back of the center console. Did you do that?
I want to make a cover for mine, but I was kicking around the idea of 3d printing a track system and using corrugated plastic for the cover.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
@CRayFJ I did see on thingiverse someone uploaded a cover for the open storage area in the back of the center console. Did you do that?
I want to make a cover for mine, but I was kicking around the idea of 3d printing a track system and using corrugated plastic for the cover.
@Easy Rider , Wasn't me, I haven't done a console lid yet. I just started putting files on thingverse today. Using my same username as I do here. Just the cupholders and the rocklight brackets so far. Still figuring out how the site works.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
@Easy Rider , Wasn't me, I haven't done a console lid yet. I just started putting files on thingverse today. Using my same username as I do here. Just the cupholders and the rocklight brackets so far. Still figuring out how the site works.
What you have done so far looks good.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
@CRayFJ What filament are you mainly using?
@Easy Rider I pretty much use 1.75mm PETg for everything now. Here's the Amazon link to the Overture brand I've been using. It's been pretty reliable and they have most of the colors you could want. Also, I print with a .4mm nozzle and .16mm layer height at 250 degrees and 80 degree bed. That's a very fine print setup but I've found it is more dimensionally consistent, though it does take longer to print.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts