Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my delima, I do not like my 285 mt tires being so close to the uca in front and know I could add spacers to remidy this problem, and I might have to do a body mount chop. But also by fixing this issue, when I add the spacers in the rear then , Will I now have a problem with the rear tires hitting the fender s after installing the spacers. or is this a win lose situation. thanks for your input..:bandit:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You won't have any problems in the rear at all, but if you do get a lift in the front, then a body mount chop won't really be necessary.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the lift, lol!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey String I just put on 286/70/17 cooper sst and they took the spacers off. I too wanted a bitmore clearance between the UCA so I put the spacers back on and I like the clearance but I did rub jus the plaztic of the front fender flare. I just too off the bottom part of the front flare and it looks like I will have clearance with out a chop so I then wnet and put it in some situations to see if the rear caused any problems and it looks like there is nothng that will hit at even full articulation.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, from what I've searched and found it seems that the stock 265/70/17 is the tallest tire you can run on the 17X8 stock BBS wheel without rubbing or needing the body mount chop or some lift..is that correct?

Lastly is the "front" (only?) lift that FJCCrawler mentioned would work above just the mild "leveling" lift or 3" lift?

Stingmachine...you are just up the road from me...do you have a pic of your setup in the front?

Kevin

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Geo, that helps a lot. I am running the km2 mt 285/70/17 on the stock steelies

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stingmachine...you are just up the road from me...
Kevin[/QUOTE]
Where at Bro,? you need to go wheelin with us soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts