Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm talking to a dealer around here and they said that they have a white Iceberg FJ with "3M Clear Vinyl Wrap on the hood like the ones that come stock with the TRD package."

What the heck are they talking about? 3M clear bra? Anyone have pics of the stock one on the TRD?

Sorry, I meant ROOF, not Hood.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: 3M Clear Vinyl Wrap on hood?

Yeah it's just the 3M clear bra. Have it on my army green, and it's the best thing ever. Can't tell its there and has saved me from a lot of rock chips.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah it's just the 3M clear bra. Have it on my army green, and it's the best thing ever. Can't tell its there and has saved me from a lot of rock chips.
they are charging $500.... worth it? is it ugly? =(

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

IMO, I'd spend that $500 on something else more useful.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
If it is already on the rig. Don't worry about it. Don't let them charge you extra for it. It's definitely not ugly. It's clear. I've had it on the front of two cars. Great for saving from rock chips. Weird that its on the roof but whatever.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
$500 is Crazy!!! My entire roof is $400 and $1800 to wrap the entire vehicle in carbon fiber looking wrap. I don't see any rock chips on my FJ's hood after 30,000 miles just the lip above the windshield.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
$500 is Crazy!!! My entire roof is $400 and $1800 to wrap the entire vehicle in carbon fiber looking wrap. I don't see any rock chips on my FJ's hood after 30,000 miles just the lip above the windshield.
Do you really have it on your roof? Or are people getting the words "hood" and "roof" messed up like the OP did? :lol:

If it is on the roof, what's the benefit of that? I didn't see any reason to put it on my hood since the front bumper is plastic, my grille is protected by my factory off road lights (with plastic covers of their own) and the front lip of the hood is protected by my toyota brush guard. That would just leave a tiny bit of the hood to get hit. I could see getting just the lip of the hood covered in it if I didn't have the brush guard. Everything else is unpainted plastic. Let the rocks do their worst :bigthumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have to agree with the last post. I had my fj wrapped in 3m 3 months ago before I saw this website with all the mods and if I could do it over again I wouldn't have done as much. I had the entire front wrapped including the lights, the side mirrors, the A-post and the white trim along the top of the windshield. Basically anything that can be hit front on besides the black bumper. Since then, I have installed a hood guard along with a Toyota brush guard and order a Ricochet air dam. After having these installed I would say it's all protected. The only thing I would still have done was the mirrors, A-post and the white strip across the top of the windshield and that would only have cost $100 bucks maybe. The money is better spent elsewhere.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Do you really have it on your roof? Or are people getting the words "hood" and "roof" messed up like the OP did? :lol:

If it is on the roof, what's the benefit of that? I didn't see any reason to put it on my hood since the front bumper is plastic, my grille is protected by my factory off road lights (with plastic covers of their own) and the front lip of the hood is protected by my toyota brush guard. That would just leave a tiny bit of the hood to get hit. I could see getting just the lip of the hood covered in it if I didn't have the brush guard. Everything else is unpainted plastic. Let the rocks do their worst :bigthumb:
I just caught that OP mess up and I meant the roof wrapped with a colored wrap. Forums can be so confusing/ :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts