Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Come join us for the 3rd Annual Moab Fall Classic gathering! This is a Family friendly, unstructured weekend in Moab. This IS NOT just a 4x4 based gathering. Lots of other activities available in and around Moab as well to enjoy and explore. If interested come on out! Campout or get a hotel! Join in on a trail ride of mine or do your own thing then meet up around a campfire and tell ghost stories.
(example, last year my friend Dave came out with his son and another friend and they dirt bikes the whole weekend and I'm planning on Going My.Biking)

- Camping location (Not mandatory) : Kane Creek campground. Reservations:
BOOK ONLINE | United States | Kane Creek Campground and RV Park

- Trails (Not Mandatory), weather pending: Sevenmile Rim, Dome Plateau, Group choice

1- Friday 9 Oct, Sevenmile Rim
++++++++++++++++++++++

2- Saturdayday 10 Oct, Dome Plateau
- meeting location, south parking lot:

++++++++++++++++++++++++
3- Sunday 11Oct, Group choice
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attachments

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like its going to be a great event . I love unstructured gatherings. Logo is cool too.
I prefer it this way.. far less stressful. leaves it open to do other things besides offroading if desired. and my only investment is the window stickers and time. if there is more participating I might do a potluck dinner night and reserve a group camp ground but I would request (not demand) some help to pay for it. overall I just want it to grow into a big party

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Plus you don't run afoul of BLM requirement for insurance etc. for group events.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Camping update, Some of us already made reservations for the full service RV sites:

Big Changes are Coming!
Kane Creek Campground and RV park will be limited to 102 total sites in 2020 and be closed for improvements in 2021. To be in better alignment with the local community and officials, we have agreed to reduce our number of sites by more than 80%. What that means is less congestion and a better experience for our guests, but it also means sites will go fast, especially in the March-May time period.

Tourism has exploded in Moab and the local and county governments have responded by slashing camping/RV and overnight accommodation permits. Also, due to this limitation, we will no longer be accepting guests who have not pre-booked with us. Space is extremely limited at our property and in the rest of Moab and surrounding areas, so make your reservations ASAP to make sure you can enjoy all the area has to offer!

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trails are locked down (but not mandatory): Sevenmile Rim, Dome Plateau, Group choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts