Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 FJ Cruiser Brake light, ABS, VSC OFF, VSC TRAC, and traction control light came on. Check engine light is not on. I replaced the ABS fuses and the problem persists. I cannot stop, like the brakes do not work at all, which seems odd for just abs/traction control. Why would a dead battery/jump cause this type issue? Any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated as I can't drive in the current condition! :crying Thanks for your help!

·
Forum Beer Miester
4,135 Posts
That’s pretty strange, you should have some form of brakes even if power assist has been disabled. Did you check the main fuses under the hood?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
You've only provided a few bits of information, much more is needed.

1. Why was the battery dead? Alternator failure, left the lights on, or just returned to the vehicle and found the battery dead with no apparent cause?

2. Who performed the jump start?

3. Did you personally witness every step of the jump start, and are ABSOLUTELY sure that during the process the connections were not accidentally reversed?

4. Why did you replace the ABS fuses? Were they confirmed to be blown?

5. When you first turn the ignition key to the "RUN" position, can you hear the brake accumulator pump running for 5-10 seconds while it pressurizes the brake system?

A correctly-performed jump start will not trigger any of the symptoms you describe. It sounds like the booster cables might have been incorrectly connected, and the reversed polarity may have damaged multiple components.

The total lack of braking implies that the brake booster pump is not running; troubleshoot that symptom first, after checking ALL fuses again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine did that too. Took it to a mechanic he said I had high/low voltage codes on all sensors in the fj. He cleared codes and it was fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't reply for so long, I literally couldn't figure out how to get back to my started thread. Anyway... I don't think it had anything to do with the jump. I took it to my regular mechanic as well as the Toyota deal, both gave me the same info. "bad master cylinder." Had it replaced a few weeks after I posted the original and it's been running great ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts