Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I used a hammock on occasion when deployed...even in winter. Takes some getting used to, but definitely works. I even have a hammock made by some native Americans still living like it is the stone age in northeastern Colombia (though they used nylon for it). They weaved their fishing nets and hammocks out of the same stuff for thousands of years. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Nice quote, but shouldn't it be "reigns" and not reins (like with a horse).

"It's indisputable. Hennessy Hammocks could well be the best in the world. Light, durable, comfortable and excellently engineered...attempting to expand the boundaries of the hammock inhabitable world...to where the silent killer reins supreme, cold, perfect for warmer areas of the world?..(It is) probably the only hammock north of the Arctic Circle." - Ben Reynolds of the British Royal Marine Commandoes

Or maybe the spelling is different in Canada?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
The hennesy hammocks are much better than the eno the attached mosquito netting is just a lot easier to deal with and the assemitrical layout of the hennesy is more comfortable. That said for cold weather there is another company that I can't think of the name, that makes their hammock with a built in pocket for a insulating pad. The are pretty hard to beat. I have also used a regular old military hammock in the winter, just taped a survival blanket to the side to keep the heat in and used a camping pad on the bottom for insulation.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
The hennesy hammocks are much better than the eno the attached mosquito netting is just a lot easier to deal with and the assemitrical layout of the hennesy is more comfortable. That said for cold weather there is another company that I can't think of the name, that makes their hammock with a built in pocket for a insulating pad. The are pretty hard to beat. I have also used a regular old military hammock in the winter, just taped a survival blanket to the side to keep the heat in and used a camping pad on the bottom for insulation.
That's why I'm leaning towards the Hennessy's. My 5% towards ENO is in price (although after you add everything the Hennessy's already come with, it's about even) and weight capacity.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Just purchased a brand new Hennessy Hammock Expedition from campgear.com for $105.00 w/ free shipping! :rocker:

I'll be sure to post the coupon code in a separate thread.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hennessy Hammocks are awesome, we've been using them since around 2001 or so, and they are very comfortable to sleep in and easy to get into. They are very durable as well...and no, I don't work for them. Lol.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,558 Posts
I haven an eno and a grandtrunk. love um both. Just kinda depends on the situation

Air Bivy

Here's both of um off the FJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts