Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off Thanks to Jeff [Decidion] for organizing the last 3 beach runs! I only went to 2 but they were both epic trips! Thanks so much! We will be missing our dune guide this year!

PLEASE SEE THE NWFJCC FORUM FOR MORE INFO AND UPDATES
http://nwfjcc.com/fjforum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=10&p=9021

4TH Annual NWFJCC [Decidion] Spring Beach Run

Where: Florence Dunes National Recreational Area
When: Friday March 25th, Saturday March 26th 2011
Who: Anyone and Everyone!

Florence Dunes National Rec Area: Siuslaw National Forest - OHV (Off-Highway Vehicles)
Oregon Dunes Guide: Oregon Dunes - Florence Sand Dune Guide

This year we're again going to Florence Dunes, which is about 20,000 acres, with some dunes 500 feet high! We are planning runs on day runs on Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th and night runs Thursday, Friday and Saturday. For those who are interested in camping, we're planning camping on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Like last year, we'll be camping at Jesse M Honeyman State Park:

JESSIE M. HONEYMAN MEMORIAL STATE PARK
Oregon State Parks and Recreation: Rates

RV sites for $22/night, Tent sites for $16/night and Yurts for $39/night. Since last year most of us were in tents (or not in RVs anyway) + some kind of 8$ reservation fee

For a day out on the dunes, the following are REQUIRED:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Valid OHV Sticker (Oregon OHV or Washington ORV permit is acceptable)
-Red flags displayed nine feet above ground are required when riding on sand (available at places like quad/dirt bike shops)
-Recreation Permit (available at the recreation area itself)
-Fire Extinguisher

As this is an official NWFJCC run, CB radios are also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you don't have a CB, it will be very difficult to stay in touch and know what's going on. If you are certain you won't have a CB, I suggest bringing a pair of GMFRS radios and giving one to someone who does have a CB. It's a BIG place and it can be hard to stay close together, so if you get separated, a radio could be essential!

We also suggest the following:
------------------------------------
-Tire Deflater / Air Compressor or Co2 tank
-Snatch Strap
-D-Rings
-Shovel
-Gas for the day
-Food/water for the day
-First Aid kit
-Basic tools & Ability to change a flat (Hi-Lift, X-Jack, etc.)
-Any spare parts you may have may come in handy!!! (as evidenced from last years run)
-Portable shelters for the evenings back at camp to stay dry!

Also, like last year I think it would be fun to invite everyone to a semi-formal get together each evening around the campfire, BYOB for adult beverages. If we have enough interest, maybe we can even do a pot luck thing one of the nights.

-
################### We will start out on CB CHANNEL 19 ###################

ALSO - Please note that if you have not done so already, you will be required to sign a NWFJCC liability waiver in order to participate. I will have these available at the event.

#########################Camping Information################################

JESSIE M. HONEYMAN MEMORIAL STATE PARK
Oregon State Parks and Recreation: Rates

Campsite numbers:

conversejohn54 (brandon) Site, Loop: 096, C
sinerasis Hope, Sniff and Jeff campsite #99.
amaintaylor Brian #98
BeaterBop Curtis & Maryalice Site #100[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
As soon as I can verify approved days off, so as of now, TENTATIVE!!!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
You don't want to miss this one..........

·
Registered
824 Posts
Jess and I are 99% out for this year. Jess's too good of a dance coach and her team will probably go to the State Championship which is the same weekend as the dune.

We are bummed we can't go this year, but anyone who is thinking about going, you should go. It is a blast!

If the date changes to the last weekend of March we would be in.... just saying:)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Jess and I are 99% out for this year. Jess's too good of a dance coach and her team will probably go to the State Championship which is the same weekend as the dune.

We are bummed we can't go this year, but anyone who is thinking about going, you should go. It is a blast!

If the date changes to the last weekend of March we would be in.... just saying:)
Isn't the 25-27th the last weekend of March?

Just saying... ;)

You have no excuse Dave, pack your gear.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I would really like to go to this, but just one question....How do we feel about non-FJ's being invited? Would really like to make it down, but the buddies have trucks and toys.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Both....just kidding...a couple of sand rails, a 4 wheeler or two, and a couple of bikes. The issue is I am the only one smart enough to have an FJ, but would love for this to buddy trip. The big bonus is, we are bar folk and I can almost guarantee that we would bring a keg or two and a lot of booze. We like to have FUN!!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
It's official! I got the time off for this! I'm in for sure!
Good to see/meet you today...sorry I was in such a rush. I'm gonna try to make this event. Gotta get a lift on and my Dura-Tracs and a few other things....also need to decide if I'm going to stick with my '07 or trade in for an '11.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I am looking forward to the night runs and good times on the beach........

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just checked the campground and there still seems to be plenty of sites available. Don't forget to make your reservations!

·
Registered
824 Posts
BTW, Jess and I are in for sure!

Jess wants to princess camp (aka hotel) as the last few times have been wet and cold.... Weather doesn't look promising so far either

1 - 20 of 27 Posts