Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i have a 2007 FJ with the auto transmission and part time 4WD. When i put it in 4 high, there is no indication on the dash, same goes for 4 low. Also when i go through the mud, the front tires don't really seem to be pulling any weight. Furthermore, on my way home from school, i had it in 4 hi and when i pedaled to the metal the back wheels went crazy and it seemed as if, again, the front wheels seemed to be pulling no weight.

Am i doing something wrong?

Is there supposed to be an indication light iin the dash?

To me, it seems broken.

·
Premium Member
6,531 Posts
Yes there should be indication lights on the instrument panel when in 4H and 4 Low.

DO NOT put the "pedal to the metal" when you are on a high traction surface like pavement AND are in 4HI or 4LO, you are looking for trouble doing that (you risk breaking parts).

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Furthermore, on my way home from school, i had it in 4 hi and when i pedaled to the metal the back wheels went crazy and it seemed as if, again, the front wheels seemed to be pulling no weight.
:lol:.

·
Registered
460 Posts
:bananahump-slvrathl.

HAhahahaha! The proper way to check your 4-Low is on dry pavement, perform 10 tight figure 8 formations. If your FJ chimes 3 times on the 10th rotation, your system is functioning properly.

:cheers:

·
Registered
460 Posts
...to me it seems broken...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Uh oh......sounds like you have the dreaded "non functional 4wd accuator syndrome". Do a search on my posts from two weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts