Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Not sure....but someone here converted a 4X4 to 4X2, just don't remember who. He did a pretty extensive write up as I recall. Don't see why you couldn't go the other way......if you got the money and time. I say, sell the 4X2 and buy a 4X4, but I do like to take the easy way out when I can. :D

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
In the end, it'd be cheaper to sell your 4x2 for a 4x4. Unless you are willing to do all of the work yourself, which if you are asking this question, i am assuming you are not. (because you would have bought a 4x4 in the first place :) )

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
FJ's no, FOrd, chevy. DOdge yes. Sell the 4x2 and get a 4x4!

The only way I would attempt a FJ is if I went SAS. Its expensive to covert any 4x2 to 4x4 and you will sink close to 15 or 20K doing it. . The parts list alone is huge, then you face changin interior pieces, components... Its a big Project. I have seen some actually end up getting sold un-finished or scraped because it just involves so much time and money

·
Registered
919 Posts
1911 Previously said:
Quote:
Bang Bang previously said:
Found it......

4X4 to 4X2 Conversion
the joke that keeps on giving after all these years!
:lol::lol:That's funny, I remember this thread from a few years back. Hey Bang Bang, it's a joke, didn't really happen. Read the thread.:)

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Geez, nothing but skeptics around here. :rolleyes:

Just check in on that thread in 5 days (April 1st) and you'll see an update on this marvelous mod. :cheers:
Not sure....but someone here converted a 4X4 to 4X2, just don't remember who. He did a pretty extensive write up as I recall. Don't see why you couldn't go the other way......if you got the money and time. I say, sell the 4X2 and buy a 4X4, but I do like to take the easy way out when I can. :D

I had to check the date after I read this to be sure it was not already 4/1. haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts