this thread is being hijacked by 4X4 guys. no offence but this is for
the special children (4X2)!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: off-road action shots! post em up!

this thread is being hijacked by 4X4 guys. no offence but this is for
the special children (4X2)!
By mere casualty I was on 4x2 at those precise moments....

oops sorry jet. This happens when I go right to the last post w/o reading the whole stuff first. :simmadown:

·
Registered
302 Posts

That hill got a little scary, because you had to AIM your front wheel right AT the big bump in front of the tire of the FJ in the pic!:worried: But Nala was unfazed by it and just went right up it! She had her "Auto LSD" on for that one! It's fun to do this stuff in 2wd after being told that you won't make it because some 4wd's were having a hard time getting up. Don't tell Nala she can't do something, she just might prove you wrong! ( I did tell them to have a line ready just in case.)
It was fun indeed! The problems the 4x4's had were related to the stop-and-see-where-my-wheels-are syndrome. While not all hills can be tackled with speed, this was certainly a situation where it helped.

"make sure you're in 4-Lo" was the last thing I heard before heading up the hill.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

"make sure you're in 4-Lo" was the last thing I heard before heading up the hill.

hahahaha, that's awesome

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts

I remember the same thing at hungry valley...

"just turn your A-TRAC on and youll be fine."

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

the latest installment of Nalas adventures!

these are from last weekend on the Mojave Road. We were the Only 2wd on this trip! So yes this trail can be done w/out using 4wd at all!!! Wrigman and Nala have done it twice now! this was my first offroad adventure of this magnitude!

[/IMG]
Inside view going down dead Mans Draw!
[/IMG]

From the bottom looking up (Photo courtesy form gone2surf)
[/IMG]

then at cruising speed (but not as fast as those in the lead!) on the Mojave road/powerline road.(again courtesy of gone2surf)
[/IMG]

waiting to pass inspection from BLM people! We had our i's dotted and our t's crossed in all the right places thanks to Uphill!
[/IMG]

our base camp! just before all the festivities and great food and friends!
[/IMG]

at the mail box/ frog zone/gnome tree/lion station
[/IMG]

Me and Nala on Soda lake near the end of the journey!
[/IMG]

Great weekend!:)

·
Banned
2,998 Posts

Nice pics, Sandabbe!! I did the Mojave Trail last October with a stock 4X2 with street Dunlop tires and factory 4X2 suspension, so I knew your rig could make it no problem. My only issue was my 10-speed bike tires, fully aired up, sunk in the soft sand, even with momentum. Once I aired down to 18 pounds, I made it out without a problem. Well, that, and Mir winched me forward about 3 feet (buried to the axle).

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Nice pics, Sandabbe!! I did the Mojave Trail last October with a stock 4X2 with street Dunlop tires and factory 4X2 suspension, so I knew your rig could make it no problem. My only issue was my 10-speed bike tires, fully aired up, sunk in the soft sand, even with momentum. Once I aired down to 18 pounds, I made it out without a problem. Well, that, and Mir winched me forward about 3 feet (buried to the axle).
thanks, wrigman and the son went on the feb. run and even with the snow and mud then nala had no issues!
I watched wrigman wrestle the rig through the soft sand and as long as he kept it moving we were fine, we were aired down to 25lbs. the only real time i was a little fearful was through the water crossings, i thought he was going to fast, trying to catch up to those ahead of us! Aside from a few ruts (slammed a few real hard!) and bumps it was a great time!

here is one more pic from the weekend

On the road up to Fort Paiute (courtesy of Uphill)
[/IMG]

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

Abbe VERY NICE!!!! I wish I was there with you guys!!!!

Kim

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Abbe VERY NICE!!!! I wish I was there with you guys!!!!

Kim
Thannks! wish you could ahve been here too! amybe someday we'll get the chance!:)

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

Thannks! wish you could ahve been here too! amybe someday we'll get the chance!:)
I think so!!! I have debadged the CG and now he just says FJ PreRunner!!! I have already told T that next year for Ouray, I have to go!!!! He will support me in this. We can take an amazing road trip and meet the "family"!!!

Kim

·
Banned
2,998 Posts

Easy...come on kid! The 4X4 in front of him was stuck, and the easiest way to get them unstuck was to drag them backwards. Sheesh....:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

jtm, if you didn't get stuck once... why are they hooking up a strap in the last picture?

Easy...come on kid! The 4X4 in front of him was stuck, and the easiest way to get them unstuck was to drag them backwards. Sheesh....
I'm glad somebody has a sence of humor, thanks FJDave

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Easy...come on kid! The 4X4 in front of him was stuck, and the easiest way to get them unstuck was to drag them backwards. Sheesh....:D
Hey wait a minute!

On the other end of that strap is my FJC! (but, just a few minutes before, because I was high-centered, the 4x2 did (rescue me) drag me backwards, but let's keep that just between ourselves, :)

I'm glad somebody has a sence of humor, different ride anyway.
I am ready to go back there again! Lets see how those new springs work out there. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

sunday run, lots of sandy hill climbs too

21 - 40 of 152 Posts