Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
heres a few from our trip to cleghorn a few weeks ago...

im the black one

a few from inside my FJ. made it everywhere the 4x4s did that day, some didnt even follow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
heres a few from our trip to cleghorn a few weeks ago...

im the black one

a few from inside my FJ. made it everywhere the 4x4s did that day, some didnt even follow.

Great pix! The only wheelin I ever did in the past was back in High School with my old 1977 Dodge Ramcharger that had full time 4wd. Is that Cleghorn route tough for an unexperienced 2wd FJ? Or is that more for someone who's pretty experienced. It looks like a lot of fun and I just got an FJ 2wd and would love to go out there if it's easily done for a novice like myself. I've got a lift and common sense, so if there's areas that are a little bit beyond my skills, are there alternatives to get around them and then rejoin with the group? I'm in LA, so I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a pic of me crossing the Coyote Canyon stream in Anza Borrego:

Didn't encounter any problems. Even went through twice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey guiys in im HB and would love to do some offroading...total novice but it looks like you guys know what your doing..we should try and meet one weekend and go shred haha!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here's a pic of me crossing the Coyote Canyon stream in Anza Borrego:

Didn't encounter any problems. Even went through twice!
You just reassured my confidence in my FJ. I haven't ran it in a while, so a little fear crept in about taking it back out. But not too many place's out here to run though. It's all private land. Darn Texas

·
Registered
6 Posts
You just reassured my confidence in my FJ. I haven't ran it in a while, so a little fear crept in about taking it back out. But not too many place's out here to run though. It's all private land. Darn Texas
Thanks Wolf. I had read up on this particular crossing before attempting it. Saw some pics of a 2wd Titan crossing so I figured it could be done. But when I actually got to it the water was so murky that I couldn't tell how deep it actually was. A guy in a 4wd Silverado was debating crossing it but once I went through he soon followed.

You running a 3" lift? I'd like to get that done soon. How much did it run if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
212 Posts
My lift is a basic 3" EZLIFT leveling kit that I payed $70 for. I have a set of stock 4x4 springs in the rear that I got for free from a local FJ member who swapped his suspension out. I did the install myself and had it aligned at the local Firestone. The combo seems to work for me (stock shocks). The last time I took the FJ out was at South Padre Island, where I dominated in a 2wd blind-folded obstacle course. (shameless plug) There's a video of it floating around that the RGVCA guys have.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts