Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance, but why does the 4x4 sit higher than the 4x2 ?!? Is this true with all vehicles with the 4x4 option !?!? I think I know the answer but just wanted some feedback ....

·
Registered
963 Posts
Suspension. More than likely the 4x4 has a beefier suspension. This is usually the case with 4x4 vs. 4x2 versions, since they figure 4x2s are normally going to be used for the streets and 4x4s need the ground clearance and approach and departure angles.

- LC

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Lost Cosmonaut said:
Suspension. More than likely the 4x4 has a beefier suspension. This is usually the case with 4x4 vs. 4x2 versions, since they figure 4x2s are normally going to be used for the streets and 4x4s need the ground clearance and approach and departure angles.

- LC

what about those steep nail salon driveways???? :eek:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
what about those steep nail salon driveways???? :eek:
"Yeah, I've got myself a real four-by-four. 2" lift. Full brush guards all around. 35" tires. Lockers front and rear. Winches front and rear. Y'know, all the necessary equipment."

"Where do you go rock crawling?"

"The mall."

It's sad 'cause it's true.

- LC

·
Registered
644 Posts
You've been to the mall I'm sure...it's impossible to get a spot, so you have to crawl over the parking blocks.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I prefer parking directly in the planters.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Tone said:
You've been to the mall I'm sure...it's impossible to get a spot, so you have to crawl over the parking blocks.
Crawl over parking blocks? i thought it was for crawling over the other CARS!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts