Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our very own LandCruiserSteve will be hosting an "Introduction To Off-Road Driving" workshop specifically designed for novice and first-time off-roaders attending the FJ Summit this year. This workshop will be the perfect precursor for newbies taking on the Ouray trail runs.

Steve not only oversees the 4x4/off-road training programs for federal, state and local government agencies throughout the country (out of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center), but he's also a Chief Instructor with the United 4-Wheel Drive Association.

Topics covered in this clinic will include basic 4x4 vehicle operation, proper transfer case usage, hill ascents/descents, obstacle negotiation, water crossings, off-camber/side-slope traversing, soft terrain driving, ground-spotting techniques and basic recovery techniques.

Due to the success and popularity of last year's classes at the Summit, we will be repeating the same class this year.

The class will take place on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 1:00pm. (The exact location will be confirmed later, but it will likely take place in the Best Western Motel's meeting room.)

Class size will be limited to 25 participants per class.

PM me with your request to attend. Registration will be accepted on a "first-come / first-serve" basis.

Please include the following in your registration PM:

Forum user name of person attending?

Real name (first & last)?

Licensed driver? Yes / No

Any previous 4x4 / off-road driving experience? Yes / No

Once registration is completed, I'll be sending you a confirmation PM for your attendance. Looking forward to seeing you. :) :)

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Although this class is advertised as a "Newbie" class for Summit attendees I can wholeheartedly recommend it for Newbie's and seasoned veterans alike!!! I attended last year with my wife Shirley and was very impressed with Steve's knowledge of off-road vehicle operations. His presentation was one of many great moments of the Summit!

Anyone attending this presentation will come away with some valuable information, reminders of things forgotten and a huge dose of confidence in their own abilities and the FJ's capabilities!

Cheers,

dale

·
The Laughing Member
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although this class is advertised as a "Newbie" class for Summit attendees I can wholeheartedly recommend it for Newbie's and seasoned veterans alike!!! I attended last year with my wife Shirley and was very impressed with Steve's knowledge of off-road vehicle operations. His presentation was one of many great moments of the Summit!

Anyone attending this presentation will come away with some valuable information, reminders of things forgotten and a huge dose of confidence in their own abilities and the FJ's capabilities!
Thank you for your kind words, Dale. :) :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Though I consider myself a 'fairly' seasoned off-roader, I would love to take a refresher course like this. I would also like to get a more informed opinion on some of the topics discussed in this course. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to the class as I will be getting into Ouray on Thursday. Would anyone be interested in taping it and posting the video on the forum or Youtube?? I assume there might be quite a few other people interested in this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts