Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my FJ back yesterday from getting my 6 inch fabtech with dirt logic shocks lift done and was driving to a dodger game ( which is about 30 mins from my house freeway driving). anyway i was doing bout 70 on the freeway and hit some bumps on a turn and the green 4x4 light started flashing and never turned off all night. i tried putting it in a 4wd high and low and driving then pulling it back into 2wd but it still kept flashing.

when i drove to work this morning it was not flashing anymore

any idea whay it came on in the first place?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I can see the VSC light come on once in a while, but that's a strange one. Did you get a chance to get under it and take a look? If you didn't find anything, it might be a good time to head back to the installer and see if they know what's going on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did look under and i didnt see a problem

and since the light was not on this morning i wasnt gonna take it back just yet

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
i did look under and i didnt see a problem

and since the light was not on this morning i wasnt gonna take it back just yet
It's a safety issue. I do hope everything is installed correctly. Who did the work? The shop in Azusa?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
no

custom truck shop in san dimas.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
San Dimas High Football Rules!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wouldnt know but ok

bill and ted rule though lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
Check wheel speed sensors and related connectors.

do you think to much grease when i reinstalled them, would have an effect? other than that I've taken them out and in 3 times already, maybe snaped the wire inside the line while the caliper was off? it did get streached a bit when i put it on the new knuckle.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
That may be what's up. We busted the cable to the rear passenger side wheel sensor when breaking a bolt free to swap in new upper links. It was tight as hell and when it broke free, the handle slammed into the wire. If I remember correctly, I had numerous lights go on. ABS, VSC, etc.... If this is the problem, Don't let the dealer tell you you need a new sensor if it isn't actually broken. My sensor was fine... just the wire needed to be replaced. They ended up charging me over $400 for a new wire and sensor, but never told me I could have just ordered the new wire for a few dollars. Don't let them screw you too!

I agree with Fjamming. Have it looked at ASAP to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
900 Posts
thanx, sounds about right, yeah i work at a shop and i just hate having to go to Toyota, even just to buy parts! living on an island at the end of the US makes it hell to get parts in a timely mannor. and even if im in my work shirt they still treat my like im a lesser person!
i new it was something to do with electronics, as ive done lifts on older IFS trucks all the time with no problems.

i saw in another thread that said the cables were like $8 each and the sensors were almost $300 each!

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Check the actuator. We managed to hit mine while installing the RC 6 " lift causing the 4x4 to engage. Chris Aka not-his-fj knows his stuff so he opened it and fixed it. It should be in front of the bracket lift. The actuator is what engages the 4x4, so it seems like a more probable cause.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Check the vacume tube on the front diff acutator.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Let us know what you find out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts