Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my Fj finally needs front struts... Its pretty much stock but I wan tot get rid of the factory rake. Has anyone installed a 4X4 complete strut assembly in a RWD? I don't like the idea of spacers to level it... Just personal preference. I heard the 4X4 struts will level it, but Im not sure. I know there are leveling strut assemblies for RWD but they're out of my price range. Its my daily so I want a decent ride too... Hopefully not too much to ask for!

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey all, my Fj finally needs front struts... Its pretty much stock but I wan tot get rid of the factory rake. Has anyone installed a 4X4 complete strut assembly in a RWD? I don't like the idea of spacers to level it... Just personal preference. I heard the 4X4 struts will level it, but Im not sure. I know there are leveling strut assemblies for RWD but they're out of my price range. Its my daily so I want a decent ride too... Hopefully not too much to ask for!
I haven't done it but I've seen it done in a couple of threads and they did raise the front. Looks like a nice inexpensive upgrade

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The strut assemblies mount all the same so yes you can use a stock 4x4 strut assembly in a 4x2

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
So OP is wanting brand new coilovers? To me, the strut is just a gas piston that just dampens motion. I get what is being said, I just don't get why there has to be 2 different ways of saying it...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the input! Im hoping to install them in a few weeks... Ill post pictures when its done.
What shocks did you decide on? I got the Bilstein 6112 coilovers. I haven't installed them yet but I got mine to level my front end end as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
I did this in my 08. They slipped right in. Just expect to 1)need an alignment and 2) the front will be a little higher than the back til the springs settle. I got lucky and found a set as a takeoff from another local FJ enthusiast.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I have a set of '08 TTSE front springs someone can have, chip in $20 for shipping

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
I did this in my 08. They slipped right in. Just expect to 1)need an alignment and 2) the front will be a little higher than the back til the springs settle. I got lucky and found a set as a takeoff from another local FJ enthusiast.
If they are OEM springs they likely will not settle...even if they are new there has been a whole FJ on them for probably months lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2008 4x2 and picked up 2014 4x4 front springs and struts. You have to grind the strut mount sides a little but other then that they fit great. I got a 2 inch lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts