Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
I'm going with the Rancho 4x2 shocks that are included with the kit. I'd give you my OME's, but someone told me that they can be used as stronger hold-up struts on the rear glass window.

BTW, thanks for the heads-up on the blinkers. I've been using this cheap Walmart fluid and it's probably not giving me the best fuel economy.
That is definitely a good use for those old OME's Steve. Your rear glass will never fall again!!!

Kim

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you put those smaller tires on, just don't forget to recalibrate your odometer. It can be found in the manual, or a simple search here can yeild those results.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im really confused.... Is this some april fools joke or are you really transfering to the 4x2. i dont get why you would do that...... im so lost
It's the latest trend, you haven't heard? Are you living under a rock? :lol:

Everybody's doing it!!

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Like I said, Steve, Nate is pretty knowledgable on these things. He is my partner in crime in painting out our rigs so I have gotten to see his talents up close!!!! If you look at our pics from Sunday's meet, his rig is right behind mine!

Kim

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yeah I saw that kit advertised. Looks like you can lose a couple hundred lbs. with the transfer case alone. Does it look like an easy weekend job or do you have to send a lot if out to specialty shops?

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Me, I think ANY preRunner badge would look awesome on his SF. Mine is the larger font but I am taking the "cruiser" badge off as I never have liked that part of the name. Too close to my mom's PT Cruiser, if you know what I mean.......

Kim

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I almost did the conversion to 4x2...
Then I thought about it.
I left my 4x4 FJ alone..
I added a Yaris ...

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah I saw that kit advertised. Looks like you can lose a couple hundred lbs. with the transfer case alone. Does it look like an easy weekend job or do you have to send a lot if out to specialty shops?
Todd, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hang onto the transfer case for the PTO winch option. But, dumping that stupid front diff should shed me some noticeable poundage.

I think I can handle most of the work myself. Obviously, I'll be taking it to a shop for the re-alignment afterwards. But like I said, that bilateral hepistatical spring compressor with the reverse dual flanges has got me a bit baffled. :worried: Do you still have yours??

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I wish I could remember the title of a thread - a couple of weeks ago maybe - someone was asking what FJ parts do you have laying around your garage?
It pictured a bunch of crap leaning against a shed or something.
I'm pretty sure in the background I saw a bilateral hepistatical spring compressor with reverse dual flanges hanging from a tree branch. You may want to do a search.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
With as may FJ owners always fawning over my 4x2 with envious eyes, it was inevitable that someone would come out with the 4x4 to 4x2 conversion kit. I am glad I had the foresight to get the factory 4x2. I am considering getting the optional rear diff lock removal kit though. Hope I can get this done before the FJSummit.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
With as may FJ owners always fawning over my 4x2 with envious eyes, it was inevitable that someone would come out with the 4x4 to 4x2 conversion kit. I am glad I had the foresight to get the factory 4x2. I am considering getting the optional rear diff lock removal kit though. Hope I can get this done before the FJSummit.
No way DUDE! I am keeping mine! I might need it for something..... don't know what yet except for calling the dealer and telling him my CG is sick... oh yeah, that was another thread :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kim

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You know Steve, the PTO option is fantastic...You can add pleanty of attachments for lawn care work. Now I can't speak for the bilateral hepistatical spring compressor with reverse dual flanges, but I do have a left handed cat back bearing puller you will need to add the PTO kit. Send me a PM and I'll box it up and send it your way.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts