Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re: My Blacksand Beast - 'El Toro Rojo'

Air2air move to Maui? One of a kind in Hawaii for sure. I know the feeling about wanting to go to California Dessert Looks good Mike.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Great looking BC! :)
Thanks!!

Very clean!
Lovin' it!! Thanks again, Jason. You guys are #1 for a reason.

Great pic!

Let's see more blacksand. :bigthumb:
Thanks, Thong. I'll do a trip to the blacksand to get pics when I can.

Air2air move to Maui? One of a kind in Hawaii for sure. I know the feeling about wanting to go to California Dessert Looks good Mike.
Someday Billy, we'll ship our rigs and do a month long expedition.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Aloha looks good

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

Nice ride - beautiful place - :bigthumb:

-

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi 4XX4, long time no hear! Aloha from Germany!! :wave:

Toro Rojo looks great!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great looking ride. Just remind everyone, who questioned the name of your rig, where you live.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
It's about time Mike that you post up the Blacksand Beast's own thread!

It's looking good buddy!, I wish you were over here to hit the trails in Ouray with us this year :cheers:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)

Thanks for the compliments.

Mike, I hate missing Ouray again this year, but I will get there someday. I'll just have to live vicariously through your reports.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Thought you disappeared! :D Good to see you back.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Finally got around to adding another mod. The long awaited new shoes.

Not exactly new- I needed some recovery gear and my local shop had just recently swapped a set and had some decent tread left on a set of ProComps.

I called Spidertrax and within a few days my spacers were on and ready. I've read quite a few posts on the durability of these spacers so I'm plunging ahead with no regrets.

Tomorrow I'm heading up Haleakala (Polipoli park) and doing a run to see how everything works. Then I'm heading over to Oahu later this month to run with the Aloha FJ'ers.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Finally got around to adding another mod. The long awaited new shoes.

Not exactly new- I needed some recovery gear and my local shop had just recently swapped a set and had some decent tread left on a set of ProComps.

I called Spidertrax and within a few days my spacers were on and ready. I've read quite a few posts on the durability of these spacers so I'm plunging ahead with no regrets.

Tomorrow I'm heading up Haleakala (Polipoli park) and doing a run to see how everything works. Then I'm heading over to Oahu later this month to run with the Aloha FJ'ers.
That looks great :bigthumb:. I think your rig and Air2Air's are about the only one's I've seen with that front bumper.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
That looks great :bigthumb:. I think your rig and Air2Air's are about the only one's I've seen with that front bumper.

Actually there are quite a few. Tcao, Wrigman and ThyIrishMen come to mind.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts