Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A look at five basic pieces of shop equipment to help breeze through at-home car repair

Whether you’re new to the world of at-home car repair, or you’re a DIY veteran looking to expand your home repair capabilities, adding a few affordable and effective products to your car repair toolkit can help make a wide range of tasks easier and faster.

Is car repair your hobby? Passion? A way to save a few bucks? In any case, you’ll find no shortage of options to add convenience and efficiency to the mix when it’s time to wrench on your ride.
Read more about the 5 Pieces of Shop Equipment to Simplify At-Home Car Repair

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Been meaning to pick up a set of ramps like that. I get tired of working underneath my vehicle, those would make it alot easier.
I have 2 sets. A shorter, plastic set for use in the shop (no damage to the floor), and a taller metal set for use out on the driveway. I use them for oil changes, washes, and pretty much anything else where the wheels stay on but I need to get under the FJ.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's pretty funny, I took the picture of that tool set. It's a Crescent 170 pc mechanic's toolset. It's a nice set for $100.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry, but I'd never be caught dead with a set of tools in a plastic case like that. I pay real dollars and get serious wrenches, sockets, and hand tools. Those steel ramps are great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts