Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear people who thought the pre-order wasn't justified....

My $500 deposit bought me the ability to select my 6 speed transmission package today. The window of opportunity is closing for anyone not on the list. The 6 Speed option has just closed by one more unit of the 5%.

I personally wouldn't drive the Automatic, period. I prepaid, so I know I'll get exactly what I wanted from day 1. For those "wait till they work the bugs out" guys.... that's what the warranty is for.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Did you get to select any other options?

·
Registered
166 Posts
cheazhd said:
Dear people who thought the pre-order wasn't justified....

My $500 deposit bought me the ability to select my 6 speed transmission package today. The window of opportunity for anyone not on the list to get a 6 Speed has just closed by one more unit of the 5%.

I personally wouldn't drive the Automatic, period. I prepaid, so I know I'll get exactly what I wanted from day 1. For those "wait till they work the bugs out" guys.... that's what the warranty is for.
most interesting. about a week or so ago two folks said they were able to actually order trucks. one was in virginia and the other in tennessee. in south carolina ya still can't order. and i have not heard of anyone else being able to order. really makes me wonder if those 2 folks really did get to order. for you cheazhd i'd also love to know if you were also able to select options as well. details please.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, along with the 4x4 6 Speed Transmission option
I chose the Color,
The UR Option (17" alloys, Active Traction VSC, Diff Lock, AM/FM/CD 9 Speaker Unique Audio including Subwoofer)
The CQ Option (Power Aluminum outside Mirrors with Lamps, Daytime Running Lights, Back Up Sonar, Rear Privacy Glass).

Oh, and they also gave me the official pricing we've been waiting for.

(just kidding about pricing!)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
cheazhd said:
I chose the Color,
The UR Option (17" alloys, Active Traction VSC, Diff Lock, AM/FM/CD 9 Speaker Unique Audio including Subwoofer)
The CQ Option (Power Aluminum outside Mirrors with Lamps, Daytime Running Lights, Back Up Sonar, Rear Privacy Glass).

That was the most cold-hearted thing you have done to us yet. Brat.

·
Registered
232 Posts
cheazhd said:
I chose the Color,

You might wanna double check with your salesman on the options because the initial builds on the M/T only come in 2 ways:

4703 4X4 V6 M/T - 5%
25% FE AL CQ DL GY
75% FE CQ UP GY RB

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Does the "$500.00 Deposit = Bargain" deal you made come with a "no higher than MSRP" price guaruntee? Hope so.

And as far as the builds, I think those are factory build percentages aren't they? The dealer can install some or all of that stuff to match the factory build options. I think.

·
Registered
378 Posts
For those deposit freaks...more power to ya. Hope you are first in line and get first choice of the fj you want (seriously)

As for me , I just don't see putting money down on something I haven't even test driven yet or know the price of. Is it refundable in full if the deal goes bad ??!!?! I will be so glad when all the hype has died down

·
Registered
42 Posts
The regional Toyota distributor has a hand as to what he "Port Installs" on vehicles. High demand vehicles get loaded with stuff you probably dont want,vehicle protection package,high end wheels,pin stripes,custom bumpers and grills,etc etc.In NorthCarolina we have Southeast Toyota as distributors headquartered in Jacksonville,Fla.So you get the factory packages and most likely the port installed items on high demand vehicles.It varies with the distributor,California will probably be different than Virginia and so on.The individual dealer may even add in some accessories and or services ADP (additional dealer profit)It is important to pick your dealer carefully.He may not charge you a premium over sticker, but with the add-ons he doesn't have to. My local dealer is a "game player" and I opted via internet,a phone call and a credit card to a dealer 100 miles away to place my $500 reservation.Hope I'm selected for the Greenville presentation.

·
Registered
378 Posts
ToyCruzr said:
The regional Toyota distributor has a hand as to what he "Port Installs" on vehicles. High demand vehicles get loaded with stuff you probably dont want,vehicle protection package,high end wheels,pin stripes,custom bumpers and grills,etc etc.In NorthCarolina we have Southeast Toyota as distributors headquartered in Jacksonville,Fla.So you get the factory packages and most likely the port installed items on high demand vehicles.It varies with the distributor,California will probably be different than Virginia and so on.The individual dealer may even add in some accessories and or services ADP (additional dealer profit)It is important to pick your dealer carefully.He may not charge you a premium over sticker, but with the add-ons he doesn't have to. My local dealer is a "game player" and I opted via internet,a phone call and a credit card to a dealer 100 miles away to place my $500 reservation.Hope I'm selected for the Greenville presentation.
Ha ! You have done your homework !! Nice post ! Point here being is to read between the lines. If the deal sounds too good to be tru, it probably is. Let's face it. Were still dealing with salepeeps and Toyota trying to make a profit...bottom line

·
Registered
232 Posts
ToyCruzr said:

Very good points! For those of you that are still shopping around, you should copy and paste these pointers in your head :D Btw, i never understand why but for whatever reason, dealers in some states (Gulf states: AR, LA, MS, OK & TX) (Southeast: AL, FL, GA, NC & SC) have to go thru a regional distributor and these distributors install all kinds of add-on (crap in my definition) at the port. And yet, these add-ons are part of the original msrp sticker on the window :confused: Here in California, dealers do the add-ons but they must be on a separate sticker and it is illegal to tamper with the original msrp!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pancho said:
Does the "$500.00 Deposit = Bargain" deal you made come with a "no higher than MSRP" price guaruntee? Hope so.

And as far as the builds, I think those are factory build percentages aren't they? The dealer can install some or all of that stuff to match the factory build options. I think.
Mine did, and i made my deposit back in Feb 05.

According to the dealership i am getting my fj from, the initial builds i posted elsewhere are the only way you can get the fj for the first 3-6 months. If you want it any other way, you will have to wait.

Yes, the dealer can and will install all kinds of stuff to match the factory build options. But not everything can be install easily after the car leaves the factory, like GY (curtain side airbags). Also, many times dealers will install cheap aftermarket products but sells them as original/genuine parts at original/genuine prices :mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup,
Before a call from my dealer (Longo Toyota) there was a bit of confusion (on my part) as to what options will be available for the 4x4 M/T.
I was told that I could move ahead with the pre-selected Toyota packages, or I could wait 3 extra months to get it without those option packages.

Since my main concern was getting the 6 Speed, I decided I would probably replace the running boards with rock rails and add the subwoofer as a dealer install. Or worst case scenario I'd just buy them once they are available and install them myself.

Either way, I have already started planning camping trips with the FJ in early spring.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The good thing about your dealer is that are definitely high volume.....but, wow what a shark tank. Glad its you and not some amateur going there. A guy could take a beating going there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
EJR said:
The good thing about your dealer is that are definitely high volume.....but, wow what a shark tank. Glad its you and not some amateur going there. A guy could take a beating going there.

I may want to retract my earlier statment. Maybe if I lived on the west coast and had more knowledge of the Fj and more confidence in the dealerships, i would try and purchase one of these rigs...

But....being in Ohio, there isn't much knowlegde out there (besides this forum of course) Salesman don't know anything around here and that what makes me want to wait. I called a dealer the other day and was asking if there was a waiting list for the Fj and he had no idea what I was talking about. Then I decided to have some fun and told him that I could put a couple grand down on the vehicle. At that point, immediatley wanted my name and number and wanted me to come in that day to talk. Yet he still had NO INFO on the vehicle.... :mad:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wrote a $500 check today. The sales manager new almost nothing. I tried to tell him a few things but he didn't want a customer educating him. Since there is no pricing information he was worried I would get cold feet after I saw the price. He mentioned something about floor mats. Sure, I'll buy your stupid floor mats, just get me a yellow one damn it. I didn't say that but I'm paying no higher than MSRP and it's fully refundable, so I'm hoping both he and I will be happy campers soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts