Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to see the 5100 shocks on the highest setting. Curious if it is level or slightly "prerunner stance" which is OK with me.
Want mine level with absolutely no forward rake. Any info or photos would be appreciated. My best option would be adjustable's but don't want to spend that kind of $$$$...

Thanks,

D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am considering this route too, quick question though, what is the benefit of getting 5100s with coilovers?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The 3rd notch will make you pretty close to level (with no lift in back). If you have a stock bumper and put some weight in the back, you may sit a little high in the nose. If you put an after market bumper on the front, it'll drop the nose just a little (like 1/2" or so).

The only real advantage I see to an adjustable coilover that uses the 5100 is you can fine tune the stance. If you're not too worried about that, a $200 set of 5100s will level the front end without the adjustable coilover kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i put mine on the highest setting , with plans on raising the back later, on the highest setting with everything else stock, i measured from the fender and the front sits 1/2" higher and you can tell if you really look at it but not so much that it looks stupid imo

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ya I am thinking of getting the 5100's in the future for my front and putting it on the 4th notch with a 1.5" daystar spacer in the back. Will that look good?

·
Registered
152 Posts
4th notch with a 1.5" daystar spacer in the back

That is the setup I run. I just did finish this past weekend. The stance is great with the rear being just about an inch or so above the front.

It looks great and rides great no complaints here.

I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts