Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 5100 installed in the rear and I just noticed on my old Bilstein OEM shocks; there is an extra washer in the middle. The new 5100 only came with two washers and two new rubber bushings, was I suppose to reuse the existing middle washer from the old shock?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
So I have the 5100 installed in the rear and I just noticed on my old Bilstein OEM shocks; there is an extra washer in the middle. The new 5100 only came with two washers and two new rubber bushings, was I suppose to reuse the existing middle washer from the old shock?

Thanks
How long did the install take? I'm thinking of doing this one as a DIY to save a few bucks.

Any special tricks or tools required? Also, where did you get the best price on the rear 5100's and what part number are they? Remember, this is my first truck. I'm no stranger to cars, but this will be the first time I've ever messed with a truck. Maybe there is no real difference.

-FJ Florida-

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long did the install take? I'm thinking of doing this one as a DIY to save a few bucks.

Any special tricks or tools required? Also, where did you get the best price on the rear 5100's and what part number are they? Remember, this is my first truck. I'm no stranger to cars, but this will be the first time I've ever messed with a truck. Maybe there is no real difference.

-FJ Florida-
I did this kit (below) took about 4.5 hours.. If your mechanical it's fairly straight forward process. From what I remember you will need a 17mm, 18mm and 19mm socket and wrench's. Also Recommend a diff drop kit (22mm socket require for M14 bolt). The kit I listed comes with everything you need for the install. I would not go the cheap route on suspension, save up some $$$ and do it right.... I'm sure you've seen my post about all the kit's and polls.

It took me forever to figure out which kit, but between the Toytec Ultimate/Icon/OEM I choose this because of price and easy install and price.

FJ Cruiser/4Runner Ultimate 3" lift package - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did this kit (below) took about 4.5 hours.. If your mechanical it's fairly straight forward process. From what I remember you will need a 17mm, 18mm and 19mm socket and wrench's. Also Recommend a diff drop kit (22mm socket require for M14 bolt). The kit I listed comes with everything you need for the install. I would not go the cheap route on suspension, save up some $$$ and do it right.... I'm sure you've seen my post about all the kit's and polls.

It took me forever to figure out which kit, but between the Toytec Ultimate/Icon/OEM I choose this because of price and easy install and price.

FJ Cruiser/4Runner Ultimate 3" lift package - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits
Woooooohoooo! That's quite a price tag!

Really all I want to accomplish is: 1) Lifting the front only (not rear) half way to level and 2) Stopping the bone stock (I don't have the Toyota Bilsteins) 'ocean motion' rocking and swaying and the brake dive.

My questions are posted in another thread. Thanks for the link though - looks awesome!

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Thanks
I don't believe so. My stock (non Bilstein) shocks had that as well, but neither my RC or Icon rear shocks came with the extra washer. And the install instructions for the RC lift didn't say anything about reusing it. Best thing to do is call Toytec, but I'm 99% sure that the middle washer is an OEM only think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts