Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I just registered so I'm in for the convoy! :)
:clap:

If remember correctly, we arrived around 330 and registered right away. There was a dinner around 7 I think and a few announcements about the happenings for the week.
Yep. With lunch in Gunnison around 12 to 12:30, you should have an extra hour throughout the trip for gas [and other] stops and get to Ouray about 3:30.

If you guys end up with enough extra time, it would be worth stopping off along the way to check out Hartman Rocks in Gunnison. It's free to enter, and tere are a couple neato spots for scenic articulation photos. :bigthumb:

Also, Black Canyon of the Gunnison would be worth the entry fee if you have an hour to spare. I know there'll be the Blue Mesa Reservoir (largest body of water in Colorado) photo shoot too, but just sayin...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds like it will be a trailer friendly event... so count us in for the convoy!:alf:

Will we be playing cheesy 70's country music, running from 'Smokey' and wearing straw hats? :cowfrown:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Just registered, though trail times and trails are limited. Not much to choose from on Thursday (Volunteer Trail Duty), California on Friday and Black Bear on Saturday. Hopefully a few things open up say Imogene for Thursday!:clap:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is this a one day trip on paved roads? I may join you from So California, I will be in Bailey visiting daughter around that time so I thought I may hook up for this ride. Can someone email me the details at [email protected] I have done extensive motorcycle trips on the san juan loop via durango, Ourey, Telluride etc, it is gorgeous country

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is this a one day trip on paved roads? I may join you from So California, I will be in Bailey visiting daughter around that time so I thought I may hook up for this ride. Can someone email me the details at [email protected] I have done extensive motorcycle trips on the san juan loop via durango, Ourey, Telluride etc, it is gorgeous country
All the details are in this thread. Yes this is a one day trip to Ouray for the summit.

·
Registered
962 Posts
keep checking back. they add more trails as others fill up. you can change anytime.

Could you tell me how to check that?
I went back into the registration page and couldn't find a way to
bring up my stuff. Or.. I missed it! :thinkerg:

Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Could you tell me how to check that?
I went back into the registration page and couldn't find a way to
bring up my stuff. Or.. I missed it! :thinkerg:

Thank you in advance!
Exactly right, look under "my details" and enter your email and registration number. The next page will have section "now you may wnat to:"

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Just registered, though trail times and trails are limited. Not much to choose from on Thursday (Volunteer Trail Duty), California on Friday and Black Bear on Saturday. Hopefully a few things open up say Imogene for Thursday!:clap:
That's Awesome!

Let me know if you get home any earlier and we will have to hit up another trail or two before heading to Ouray.
I am actually getting home around the 17th. company let me take a few extra days off from the sand box. Sounds fun. I just wish they had more trails still available for summit. couldn't get any that I wanted.
keep checking back. they add more trails as others fill up. you can change anytime.
Alternatively, you guys could come to Ouray early (we're getting there on Sat. 16), and do a run there with us. :lol:

Also, if for some reason trails don't work out, we can discuss it as we get closer, and if need be, just run a trail of our own for those that couldn't get that one special run they really wanted.....I don't mean to do a whole bunch of runs in place of all of your official ones....just one good run if it does come down to not getting in on a really cool one that you were counting on.

To be honest though, this has never been necessary yet....they always seem (like Adam said) to open up enough trail runs to give everyone pretty much what they wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Also, if for some reason trails don't work out, we can discuss it as we get closer, and if need be, just run a trail of our own for those that couldn't get that one special run they really wante.
That sounds very interesting. Do you remember the count for the last few years. So far it's at 159 vehicles.

I'd like to see Imogene pass. Perhaps that could be done in the later on Friday. I've got California Gulch at 7:30am

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Count me in for the Denver location.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
That sounds very interesting. Do you remember the count for the last few years. So far it's at 159 vehicles.

I'd like to see Imogene pass. Perhaps that could be done in the later on Friday. I've got California Gulch at 7:30am
I've never seen any correction suggestions or received any confirmation yet. So, I don't know if this is absolutely correct, but...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/121332-official-summit-registration-attandance-records-all-years.html

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I figured with all the people coming from the front range we would have more people in on this convoy
It's still early, even if we have 12+ vehicles it will be a good time. I think if we bump this thread once in a while, we will get more people to check it out.

Let me know when you get back in town and we will have to do a pre summit run somewhere that others passing through may do too.

Anyone: If you are passing through the front Denver/colorado springs/I 70 corridor area the weekend before the summit and want to run a more technical (not for the weak), trail than what is offered in Ouray, I will probably get a run together for Saturday or Sunday before. Maybe Spring Creek or Wheeler lake, maybe even something crazy like Holy Cross (may be too early for HC).

Actually, we can do two runs, one that is mild On Saturday and a wild one on Sunday:rocker:

I'll start a new thread shortly so we don't clutter up this one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Count me in for the Denver location......

21 - 40 of 122 Posts