Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I figured with all the people coming from the front range we would have more people in on this convoy

It's still early...
Indeed....we have just about two months till Summit today. I, for one, prefer to plan much further ahead, but I think a lot of people put their final travel-to-Summit plans together in the last couple weeks leading up to it.

There's such a strong group happening right now, and so many people have mentioned that they're going that have never gone before, that I'm sure you'll have at least a few more join in as it gets closer.

Sounds like you'll be getting back state-side just in time to hang out with your wife/fam for a few hours and then hit the road for Ouray.

:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
they will be joining me at summit. my son was pretty upset that he didn't get to come out on the trail with me last time I was home.
Nice. They'll love it.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I guess I'm out! I'll be hitting Pueblo, about lunch time on the 19th. Cheap gas is $3.74 today in Pueblo.
I was going to say "That's OK. They're not leaving Colorado Springs till 8:30 the next morning", but then by the time I typed that in, I realized you probably mean that you'll be getting there a day earlier (cause, if you're in Pueblo at lunch time, you could be in Ouray for supper, even if you were to go down to Walsenburg and take the southern route and come up into Ouray from Durango; unless you make other stops along the way). Doh! :p

:cheers: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am still looking forward to the convey!

I was talking to a few about meeting up in the Southern Sun's parking lot for the Longmont/Boulder/etc folks that want to meet in Morrison a little later that morning.

Cannot wait to get up to the Summit!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
...Maybe Spring Creek or Wheeler lake, maybe even something crazy like Holy Cross (may be too early for HC).
Hadn't been back to this thread in a bit, but I'd be in for Spring Creek or Wheeler Lake. Holy Cross is probably a bit beyond my FJ's capabilities at this point...

Is there usually a convoy on the way home too?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
OK, so those of you on the WRONG SIDE of the hill! Let's plan the convoy from the other side. I invite those coming from the west side of the Rockies to chime in as well. (That includes the wayward souls going to points West before traveling back to the Summit). Ideas?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We had a small convoy on the way home last year, we just figured it out on Saturday night.

As far as a pre-summit run, I'll get another thread going soon.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
...Is there usually a convoy on the way home too?
We had a small convoy on the way home last year, we just figured it out on Saturday night....
Yep. Here's my page that has a little from that day on it.

OK, so those of you on the WRONG SIDE of the hill! Let's plan the convoy from the other side. I invite those coming from the west side of the Rockies to chime in as well. (That includes the wayward souls going to points West before traveling back to the Summit). Ideas?
That's a great idea. You guys could just be the third group in this whole convoy, and instead of meeting up in the Denver or COSprings areas, or in Buena Vista, you'd meet up with all of them when they roll through Montrose. That way you'd at least get in on the last 40 minutes or so of the convoy. Just look earlier in the thread for approximate times, and you should be able to work it out.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
We're arriving tuesday the 19th, otherwise we'd be on the convoy. Both Bill and I have a lot of stuff to do before everyone arrives.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'll be meeting up in Aspen Park or BV, and this time I'll wait instead of getting antsy.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So far it seems to be just locals too. Last year we had a good showing from out of state folks.
Any other convoys coming from the east are more than welcome to meet up and join in.
Let's get the numbers up! We had a blast last year.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
So far it seems to be just locals too. Last year we had a good showing from out of state folks.
Any other convoys coming from the east are more than welcome to meet up and join in.
Let's get the numbers up! We had a blast last year.
Still over a month till Summit week. I imagine more folks will get their plans finalized and notice this thread between now and then. If any other caravans from other states decide to hook up with you guys, it could jump up pretty quickly.

I would normally suspect that most people traveling here long-distance would be going through Colorado on that Wednesday as well. So, I'm sure you'll at least get a few to join in on the fun.

Maybe add a mention to folks from other states bound for the Summit about hooking up with the caravan to your signature or something like that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hello Everyone. I just PM'd FJinCo with my phone number. We are looking forward to joining your convoy Wednesday morning in Morrison. My wife, son and I will be in Denver Monday & Tuesday night. If anyone's got some good suggestions for us to do while in Denver, please do share!

41 - 60 of 122 Posts