Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a split off of the "Anyone Trailing This Weekend" thread. To keep it simple and let other keep the thread if they want to do a Sunday run, this thread is here.

So, here are the details:

6/23/07 (Saturday). 8:30am meeting time at Cleghorn trailhead (off I-15). Map
We'll allow some time for airing down and talk about the route.
The plan is to hit Cleghorn, eat lunch at Silverwood Lake (we can go in for 1/2 hour for free). Then we'll take Pilot Rock and head east towards Deep Creek. I don't have my trail guide yet, so much of this is by memory. We'll do some trails there and head over to Arrowhead. Take a break there and plan the route for more trails in the mountain.

Here's a map that I stitched together. It covers the area from Baldy to Johnson Valley. Beware, the map is over 7MB in jpg form. The original photoshop file is over 110MB!!!

So far, we have the following committed:
  1. Fjamming
  2. mattmainster
  3. Mr. Jeep
  4. Sdotbailey
  5. Gon2srf
  6. GoFastCDG
  7. uphill
  8. RicoVerde
  9. MudlovingFJ
  10. (Fjessence)
  11. Mr. 4Runner
  12. Clownmidget
  13. Jon
  14. McJeep
  15. (HyperFJ)
  16. Dustpark

()=Maybe.

If you have a CB, let's set it to 35.

More details on the route later.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds GREAT!
Mind if a buddy in a Jeep comes along?
Sounds good.

Frogeye, great to have you. I bet you and Scott know the mountains better then I do.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Still haven't been on Cleghorn and this week ant going to work for me :( I have to go pick up an important item in AZ :)
I might be out till after Ouray and Moab. cause the following weeks will be maintance and touch up of the FJ to get her ready for the amazing time we will spend to geather driving to Colorado. :)

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Wish I could go, but I am heading to Solvang on Friday. Foggie is a great spotter if you guys need one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi, new to the forum, Uphill gave me the heads up on this run and I would love to come along if there are no objections.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
count me in too, tony! i will be there.

does anyone in the orange/anaheim hills area want to caravan up there?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi, new to the forum, Uphill gave me the heads up on this run and I would love to come along if there are no objections.
No objections at all. Welcome to the forum and look forward to meeting you at the trail.

Ari, always good to have someone who's ran the trail before.

I got homework to do on the trails. I need to find some maps! We'll have a person up front with CB and another in the back so we can keep in contact. We should be fine.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A link to a map has been added to the first post. Please read before downloading.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Hi,

Here is a map of the expended area, with the trails we ran labeled and color highlighted. Some extra trails at the end of the run we did are also indicated for future use. Nav is primarily by following the forest trail code (e,g, 3N34). Trail names are rarely used. GPS is very useful for interpreting position on the map, even if the GPS doesn't show all the trails now being run.

Have fun,
Mark

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, another here without a CB... but I can't make it tomorrow anyways, i'll be attending a funeral. Have fun and take some pic's.
:boohoo:

I'll try to catch up another day.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:thinkerg: Guys, get a CB! I've got too much sh't going on this weekend. I'm not going to make this run FUG! I love Cleghorn! Well, next weekend I'll be able to play so maybe there will be some kind of Socal run to do. HAVE FUN! Follow Gon2surf :roller:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one without a CB...Now, am I the only one who is stock? (Beside my sliders..I pick them up from All Pro today) :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts