Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading my stereo, I've been looking for a decent 6.5" component system, for about 100bucks or less if possible.

There are so many brands I just don't know what to buy right now. I know little about speakers and definatelly don't need to buy something expensive (over 100bucks) ;) the only thing is they must be 4ohm speakers

what should I buy?

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
$100 components would almost be a downgrade. I would suggest a higher end coaxial

Pioneer TSD series, bostons, Polk, dynaudio, focal.

·
Registered
244 Posts
e3.65i 6.5 comps

They come in at 135 dollars + Free Shipping. Elemental Designs can't be found in big box stores. I have used them personally for years (different models) in my Acura RSX Type S and for their home audio. They are one of those rarely known gem's that are flat out amazing. For the money - you can not go wrong.

I highly recommend all ED made car audio and home audio products.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
If you're okay with used, Best Buy has a branch that resells the things people trade in. http://www.cowboom.com/Audio-Video/Automotive
I saw some decent components that would fall in or near your price range. Most of them have reviews as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
e3.65i 6.5 comps

They come in at 135 dollars + Free Shipping. Elemental Designs can't be found in big box stores. I have used them personally for years (different models) in my Acura RSX Type S and for their home audio. They are one of those rarely known gem's that are flat out amazing. For the money - you can not go wrong.

I highly recommend all ED made car audio and home audio products.
I have listened to some great speakers in my life and I can vouch for ED and what they produce. They are not a top of the line manufacturer but I've been in their shop, toured their back room, spoken to the owner and listened to their stuff. These guys live and love sound and they put a great product out for the money. I'd give them a shot if that's the budget you are working with.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm gonna get this set up

Kenwood KFC-P709PS

it got great reviews overall, the only thing is that the crossover is really small and "in line" not sure how this will affect the quality of the sound

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I think I'm gonna get this set up

Kenwood KFC-P709PS

it got great reviews overall, the only thing is that the crossover is really small and "in line" not sure how this will affect the quality of the sound
They produce good sound if you have the right amp/power to drive them.
I have a set in the front doors and rear seat panels.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have a kenwood ddx512 headunit with built in amp

is it gonna be enough??
The DDX512 is rated at 50W x4, should have enough power.
Disconnect to front dash speakers/tweeters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts