Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a rough country 6 inch lift and i have a 16 inch rim with 3.75 inch back spacing and im wondering if it will fit or do i need to run a spacer

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Depends on the tire, the RC spindles stick out more (like gusset) causing the tire to rub them. Loneuglyfish has a RC6 and his stock rims with SS-M16s rubbed there.

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
Email Rough Country, they'll know for sure.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I considered putting my 16" TRD wheels with 315/75-16. So I test fitted the assemblies and they hit the rough country spindles. You will need wheel spacers.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Depends on the tire, the RC spindles stick out more (like gusset) causing the tire to rub them. Loneuglyfish has a RC6 and his stock rims with SS-M16s rubbed there.
Its true, I had 2in spacers with stock rims after my install. I cant remeber the exact tire size but they were 33s. Rode like crap, aired down to 5 psi and didn't even bulge! I passed those rocks on to a Jeep owner :rofl: such idiots.

Im now running 315/75r16 DC Crushers on 16X8 American Eagle 185, cant remeber the back spacing but they clear the spindle, however I had to shave the calipers a lil. So its really hit or miss ;)

Check out my build below, you can see the progress

1 - 7 of 7 Posts