Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
As far a shipping goes, you might check w/ a company like Mayflower or Bekins. They ship cars in their trucks too, and maybe that can get it packaged in with another load if timing isn't all that critical. Not sure of the trust factor with them, but maybe someone else could lend a comment or two about that. Maybe a forum member could help pick it up and stash it before you arrive.

It could be kinda expensive. It was something like $7,000 for us to ship a fire engine on a lowboy from PA to Reno, NV a few years back. I know that is apples and oranges, just beware it might be "sticker shock."

·
Registered
151 Posts
I shipped my FJ from Vegas to Dallas 2 years ago for about $800, but it was stock.
I used one of those shipper bidding sites, so multiple people presented bids, and I was able to choose the winner.
The driver was just an independent guy who owned his truck and trailer, and he did a great job. In talking with him for a bit, it sounds like many drivers like him have set routes they do over and over, and that way they know they can book anything between those two cities. My Vegas to Dallas trip was just an interim stop on his Los Angeles to Atlanta Georgia route.
You may need to explore a little to find the sweet spot of shipping origins and destinations so it is not so costly. This may add some extra driving though so I guess you can balance that against the cost.

So jealous of your future adventure!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Awesome great info guys. no timing isnt to crucial as long as it is there before i fly in. Im a yacht captain and am currently down in the BVI's so the truck sits in storage allot. I just need to give it a good service before i good and should be all sweet.

Got the mile post book looks awesome lot and lots of information in there. going to take a while to sit down and go through it all.

Starting to get super excited just need time to pass a little faster

21 - 25 of 25 Posts