Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Sorry if this is listed but I didn’t find anything, when I search the forum or even Google.

I have been thinking about getting a 67 Designs rail to mount phones, radios, gps, etc..

I would like to mount on top of dash in narrow area in front of three gauges. (Compass/temp/inclinemeter)

Question: Could I drill downward in that area and not hit anything? Does anyone have this? Couldn’t find photos or anything anywhere.
67 Designs said the 55 series rail or 20 series would work best in the FJ.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hi. Sorry if this is listed but I didn’t find anything, when I search the forum or even Google.

I have been thinking about getting a 67 Designs rail to mount phones, radios, gps, etc..

I would like to mount on top of dash in narrow area in front of three gauges. (Compass/temp/inclinemeter)

Question: Could I drill downward in that area and not hit anything? Does anyone have this? Couldn’t find photos or anything anywhere.
67 Designs said the 55 series rail or 20 series would work best in the FJ.

Thanks for your time.
Its hit or miss. Your entire dash harness is mounted to the bottom side of the dashboard, so you are very likely to hit the harness unless you remove the radio to see what you're doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
A Philips screwdriver and 10mm socket and you're behind the radio in a minute. Definitely risky with that clock/guage end if the harness running front to back and to the side.

Just open it up, you'll see its pretty straightforward and plenty of space once you unplug the clock and guage assembly.
You might want to brace the underside with a nice size washer or a larger piece of plastic and/or dampen it with rubber if it's a bit unstable.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @BEASTWAGEN & @gmat I know I will just have to check it out for sure. Seems like a good spot for a small rail. I just always like the full dash bar that Jeeps can get to mount things to.
18C1DEB1-9E46-4256-8054-0ED1F770A1AC.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts