Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

6X9 Door-Mounted Speakers

22K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cement Phantom 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
To read the original full thread and post questions/comments on this topic, please go to http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...08215-how-install-new-6x9-speakers-doors.html

For those of you interested in replacing those paper 6x9 speakers in the doors with some real speakers (without using an amp and leaving the factory wiring intact), here's an easy how-to so you can get the job done easily and quickly.

I used the factory housing and replaced the speakers with Infinity Reference 9633cf 6x9 speakers. I love them. Very clear. Makes me want to re-burn all my CDs in 256bit MP3s to see what I've been missing. :bigthumb:

Step 1: Remove the door cover (click here to check out Land Cruiser Steve's excellent tutorial)

Step 2: Disconnect the speaker wire, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the speaker from the door, and then use a knife to cut out the speaker from the housing

Step 3: Remove the back plastic support from the housing. I like to use tin snips for this job

Step 4: Set up wiring. You have two options here - solder wires to the factory connector:

Or remove the factory connector and use Crutchfield Toyota speaker harness (which will NOT snap into the factory housing, but will simply hang loose)

Step 5: Reattach the housing to the door and then pre-drill holes through both the plastic and the sheet metal in the four corners for a machine screw. I used 2.5" #10 sheet metal screws and pre-drilled the holes with a 9/16" drill bit

Step 6: Attach the speaker wires and then screw the four corners in

Step 7: Reattach the door and rock out :rocker:

I hope this helps people out.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.