Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! :wave:
Im looking at swapping out the horrible front speakers and replacing them with some fancy new jl audio TR690-TXi but before I go off and spend the money just wanted to ask all of u about what is the mounting depth on the doors with the 6x9 brackets available on ebay. and are there any excursion problems? thanks for any help u guys can offer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
briman you could possibly convince me if you can tell me why these are superior to the jl audios. In my experience jl audio is hands down superior when it comes to speakers/subs/amps when compared to pioneer. but im open to some enlightenment.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
briman you could possibly convince me if you can tell me why these are superior to the jl audios. In my experience jl audio is hands down superior when it comes to speakers/subs/amps when compared to pioneer. but im open to some enlightenment.
The speaker is smoother, has more range, and way more tolerance for power handling and any abuse you can throw at it. It's a louder and more natural sounding speakers. I have dealt with Both of those specific lines a lot. The rev rivals a lot of the components around.
you may also want to look into the Zapco coaxials and the dd coaxials.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You may also want to consider the Polk MOMO 690's. I'm in the process of doing a basic upgrade to my wife's FJ and I did a good amount of research before deciding on the 690's. I found a new set on ebay last week for $95 shipped...around half the cost of what Crutchfield was originally asking for them. I've yet to read a bad thing about them and several knowledgeble people seem to think they're the best-sounding coaxial around. Of course, that's subjective but it's something to keep in mind.

Here they are: MMC690 Car Audio Speaker from Polk Audio

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I bet I could get an 7" deep speaker in the doors with the proper plate. I am only running 1/4" mdf and my miss have plenty of clearance. Don't know the exact depth but they are 6.5" Zapco competitions if you want to look it up. I don't think you could find a mid deep enough to not fit, and as far as subwoofers go, you would be wasting your time because it isn't a suitable environment for a subwoofer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts